Elizabeth Olasunkanmi Balogun
Regional Coordinator Professional Practice-Africa
DIR (Yaba), BSc (Edin), MSc (Leeds)
Chief Radiographer Radiology Department
National Orthopaedic Hospital Igbobi Lagos
P.M.B. 2009. Yaba, Lagos
Visiting Lecturer, Dept of Medical Radiography, Bayero University, Kano, Nigeria
E-mail : email@example.com
Graduated in 1997 with a Diploma from the then Federal School of Radiography, Yaba, Lagos. The school is now a department of Radiography in the University of Lagos, Nigeria. The desire to learn more and be relevant in training younger Radiographers led to further education.
Elizabeth gained a BSc from the Queen Margaret University in Scotland and MSc Medical Imaging from the University of Leeds in the United Kingdom. She is an Assistant Chief Radiographer with the National Orthopaedic Hospital as well as being a visiting lecturer to the Radiography Department of Bayero University, Kano. She has also served on several committees such as curriculum drafting, investigative as well as disciplinary committee.
Elizabeth is committed to the Association of Radiographers of Nigeria )ARN) in which she progressed through the ranks. She started out as a student member and volunteer during the annual conference to serving as Assistant Secretary to becoming the National Secretary in 2007. She is presently the Immediate Past Secretary and a Council member of thre ARN. The journey with the ISRRT began in 2006 as an Associate member, Council member in 2012 and elected Regional Co-ordinator for Professional Practice Africa in 2014.
Elizabeth is married to a Radiologist and blessed with four children.
Regional Coordinator Education-Africa
1. PERSONAL DETAILS
Department of Clinical Sciences
Central University of Technology, Free State
Private Bag X20539
083 310 3278 (cell)
051 5073268 (work)
Associate Professor and Head of Department Clinical Sciences
PhD (Health Professions Education)
Title of the thesis: An assessment model in Outcomes-based education and training for Health Sciences and Technology.
Magister Radiography (Oncotherapy)
Diploma Therapy Radiography
Diploma Diagnostic Radiography
3. CAREER HISTORY
Jan 2013 – current Head of Department Clinical Sciences
Sept 2009 – 2012 Acting Director: School of Health Technology
2008 – Aug 2009 Associate Professor and Programme Head Radiography and Dental Assisting, School of Health Technology, CUT.
2001 – 2008 Programme Head Radiography and Dental Assisting, School of Health Technology, CUT
1997 – 2000 Senior lecturer, School of Health Technology, Technikon Free State, Bloemfontein.
1989 – 1996 Lecturer in Radiography at the Department of Paramedical Sciences, Technikon Free State, Bloemfontein.
1981 – 1988 Radiographer at the Radiation Oncology department, National and Pelonomi Hospitals, Bloemfontein.
1978 – 1980 Student radiographer at the Radiology Department, National and Universitas Hospitals, Bloemfontein
4. RESEARCH OUTPUTS
4.1 PAPERS AT INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES (last 5 years)
• Friedrich-Nel, H. 2010. Outcomes assessment: A postgraduate perspective. Assessment Institute, IUPUI Indianapolis USA 24 – 26 October 2010.
• Friedrich-Nel H & Masalla SG. 2010. Collaborative teaching and learning in postgraduate research supervision: A case study. LIHE symposium. Mont Fleur, Stellenbosch 22 to 25 November 2010.
• Friedrich-Nel, J MacKinnon, S Queener. 2011. Formative postgraduate assessment. AALHE 5 – 7 June 2011, Lexington Kentucky, USA.
• Friedrich-Nel H, J Mac Kinnon & S Queener. Formative Graduate Assessment. 17th ISRRT/CAMRT conference 7 – 10 June 2012, Sheraton hotel, Toronto, Canada.
• Friedrich-Nel H. 2014. The good, bad and ugly of an abstract. 18th ISRRT World congress. 12 – 15 June 2014, Helsinki, Finland.
• Friedrich-Nel, H. 2016. Inverting the radiography classroom. Education workshop ISRRT conference ISRRT conference COEX, Seoul, South Korea 19 to 22 October 2016.
4.2 PAPERS AT NATIONAL CONFERENCES (last 5 years)
• Friedrich-Nel H, Mac Kinnon J & Queener S. 2011. Postgraduate formative assessment: Pearls and perils. HELTASA congress 30 November to 2 December 2011. NMMU Missionvale campus.
• Friedrich-Nel H, MacKinnon J & Queener S. The expectations of postgraduate students and supervisors: Both sides of the coin. SAAHE 5th National Congress 21 – 23 June 2012. UFS campus Bloemfontein.
• Friedrich-Nel, Lategan LOK, Kokt D. 2012. Research education: formative assessment. Heltasa congress 27 – 30 November 2012.
• Friedrich-Nel H. 2013. Research supervision: Are we asking the right questions? SAAHE 6th National Congress 27 – 29 June 2013. Gateway Hotel UKZN.
• Friedrich-Nel H. 2015. Dose justification and optimization: How committed are we in South Africa? SORSA RSSA 2015 Imaging conference 9 to 11 October Sandton convention centre.
• Friedrich-Nel H & L Munro. 2015. Radiographers’ opinion on patients’ right to informed consent: results of an online survey. SORSA RSSA 2015 Imaging conference 9 to 11 October Sandton convention centre.
• Friedrich-Nel H & L Munro. 2015: SAR journal accreditation: Is it necessary? SORSA RSSA 2015 Imaging conference 9 to 11 October Sandton convention centre.
• Friedrich-Nel H. 2016. Mirror-mirror on the wall. Is IPE the fairest of them all? Poster presentation at the 9th SAAHE conference 22 to 24 June 2016, Boardwalk conference centre Port Elizabeth.
• Friedrich-Nel, H. 2016. Mirror-mirror on the wall Is IPE the fairest of them all? SAAHE conference 2016, 22 to 24 June 2016. Boardwalk conference centre Port Elizabeth (poster presentation).
• Friedrich-Nel H & Munro L. 2017. Ethics presentations at SORSA CPD events: Will the patient benefit? SORSA RSSA conference 3 to 5 November 2017. ICC Durban.
4.3 STUDY VISITS (last 5 years)
• School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences and Graduate office IUPUI, Indianapolis, USA as Fulbright Scholar 16 March – 16 June 2011.
• The Michener Institute for Applied Health Sciences, June 2012 (Marc Potvin).
• Oslo and Akershus University College of Science and Technology, 9 to 15 September 2017 (Prof S Johansen and ms Vanja Haarsaker)
5.1 Accredited Journals (last 5 years)
• Van der Merwe, B. Friedrich-Nel, H. 2010. Fluoroscopy protocol for invasive back pain management procedures, Journal for New Generation Sciences., Vol 8, No 1. 286-302.
• MacKinnon, J. & Friedrich-Nel, H. 2010. Student Learning Outcomes Assessment in Radiography within the Context of a National Higher Education Quality Framework. Journal for New Generation Sciences. Vol. 8 No. 1 110 – 121
• Long D, Friedrich-Nel H & Goedhals L. 2011. Analysis of fractionated external beam radiotherapy and high dose-rate intra-cavitary brachytherapy for FIGO stage II & III cervical carcinoma. Journal for New Generation Sciences. Vol 9 Issue 1 p 84 - 94.
• Pieterse T, Lawrence H, Friedrich-Nel H. 2014. Problem-solving abilities of radiography students at a South African university. African Journal for Health Professions Education. May 2014, Vol. 6, No. 1 p 33 – 36
• Friedrich-Nel, H & MacKinnon JL. 2014. Formative postgraduate assessment: a comparative case study using a university in the USA and one in South Africa. Published online: 24 Nov 2014 in Innovations in Education and Teaching International. http://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/fBd7G9q3RekXZ7im8In8/full.
• Slabbert R & Friedrich-Nel H. 2015. Extended Curriculum Evolution: A Road Map to Academic Success? South African Journal of Higher Education Vol. 29, No 1 9(1) p. 10-14.
• RW Botha, H Friedrich-Nel & M Africa. 2015. Demonstrating the cervicothoracic junction: A comparison of two techniques. Journal for New Generation Sciences. Vol 13 No 1 19 – 35.
• Friedrich-Nel H & MacKinnon JL. 2015. Formative assessment in doctoral education. Journal for New Generation Sciences. 13(2) 1 - 14
• Long, D, Friedrich-Nel, H & Joubert G. 2016. Patients’ information needs while undergoing brachytherapy for cervical cancer. International Journal for Quality in Health Care, 2016, 1–9.
• Long D, Friedrich-Nel H, Joubert, G. 2016. Brachytherapy for cervical cancer: guidelines to facilitate patient-centred care in a multidisciplinary environment has been published on Taylor & Francis Online. It is available at: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/20742835.2016.1212968.
• Pieterse T, Lawrence H, Friedrich-Nel H. 2016. Critical thinking ability of 3rd year radiography students. Health SA Gesondheid-Journal of Interdisciplinary Health Sciences Vol 21.
• Friedrich-Nel H & MacKinnon J. 2017. The quality culture in doctoral education: establishing the critical role of the doctoral supervisor. Innovations in Education and Teaching International. Published online 30 Aug 2017. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/14703297.2017.1371059. p 1 - 10.
5.2 Chapters in books (last 5 years)
• Friedrich-Nel H & MacKinnon J. 2017. Assessment central to quality doctoral education. In Get Ready Get Set GO! Edited by LOK Lategan. Sun Media: Bloemfontein. 77 – 82.
• H Friedrich-Nel H & J Mac Kinnon. 2016. Mutual expectations in the postgraduate doctoral supervisory relationship. In Postgraduate supervision: future foci for the knowledge society edited by Magda Fourie- Malherbe, Ruth Albertyn, Claire Aitchison, Eli Bitzer. SunMedia: Stellenbosch. 157 – 170.
• Bortz J & Friedrich-Nel H. 2016. The Adenoma–Carcinoma Sequence, Management and Treatment of Colon Cancer in CT Colonography for Radiographers edited by Bortz, Joel H., Ramlaul, Aarthi, Munro, Leonie (Eds.) Springer International Publishing Switzerland. ISBN 978-3-319-29379. p211 – 219.
• Friedrich-Nel H & Brüssow SM. 2011. Practical pointers in presenting research. Theme 13 p 105. Updated and revised edition of Doing research, edited by LOK Lategan, L Lues and H Friedrich-Nel
• H Friedrich-Nel & SG Masalla. 2011. Transforming postgraduate research supervision into collaborative teaching and learning: A case study. In Postgraduate Research Supervision: Form and Function. Edited by C. Nygaard, C Holtham and N Courtney, p167 – 186.
6. SUPERVISION (last 5 years)
M Tech projects CUT
• General quality control and the analysis of errors occurring during radiation therapy of cancer patients at the Oncology department, Bloemfontein, B Kinsella graduated 2010.
• Radiation effects of HIV+ and HIV- patients treated for carcinoma of the uterine cervix in Bloemfontein, S Masalla graduated March 2010.
• Patient Radiation Dose Ranges for Procedures in Universitas Hospital Vascular Laboratories (H Malan- Muller) graduated March 2015.
• T Pieterse. Guidelines for the facilitation of Critical thinking in 3rd year radiography students (Co-supervisor @ UJ) graduated 2014.
• Addressing image quality through an educational programme. B Kotze graduated March 2016.
• Employability attributes for the Somatology profession (J Jonker) in progress.
• Evaluating image quality and dose when using computed radiography in the Eastern Cape province (C Nel) in progress.
D TECH PROJECTS
A learning model to facilitate authentic teaching and learning in diagnostic radiography education UJ L Kalondo (in progress)
Masters degree projects UFS
• Attainment of the required graduate skills of radiography students at the Central University of Technology, L Beyer 2006. Completed for September 2007 graduation.
• The need for a structured master’s degree qualification in the specialisation fields of Diagnostic Radiography at the Central University of Technology, J du Plessis. Completed for April 2008 graduation.
PhD Projects UFS
• Groepwerk in die aanvullende gesondheidsdienste (R van Heerden: PhD HPE UFS) – completed Sept 2009.
• Brachytherapy for Cervical Cancer: Guidelines to Facilitate Quality Patient Care in a Multidisciplinary Environment (D Long – PhD UFS. 2014).
7. INTERNATIONAL COLLABORATION
Collaborate with Prof Joyce MacKinnon from Indiana University Purdue University in Indianapolis (IUPUI) from 2005 to current. In 2008 Prof Joyce MacKinnon visited the CUT (School of Health Technology) as a senior Fulbright Programme.
Collaboration with the Hanze University & Universitair Medische Centrum Groningen (UMCG), The Netherlands after a visit in 2005 to the UMCG. The first two students from Hanze Hogeschool ms J Jacobs and J Hooijer completed their 20 weeks of experiential learning at the Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Universitas hospital and the Department of Radiotherapy, Universitas Annex on 12 February 2007. Since then the collaboration was active. Currently eight to 12 students are placed at the respective WIL sites in Bloemfontein twice per year.
Mr Wim Ravensbergen from the Hanze Hogeschool in Groningen visited the CUT on 25 – 27 February 2008 and 10 to 13 February 2015 to verify the clinical areas where the students work.
Ms Sharon Haarmans-Jonkman visited in May 2016 to confirm and re-establish collaboration with CUT.
Collaboration project (175,000.00 NoK) with the Technical University in Oslo Akershus (HiOA) in Norway, collaborators Prof Safora Johansen and Ms Vanja Haarsaker for 2017 and 2018. The collaboration involves a research project and clinical placement of students (CUT and HiOA) in August 2017 as well as lecturer exchange in 2017.
8. PROFESSIONAL INVOLVEMENT
• Represent the Faculty of Health and Environmental Sciences at the UFS Faculty of Health Ethics committee (2017)
• Representative on the SORSA Ethics committee (2016)
• SORSA representative at the ISRRT (2012)
• Regional co-ordinator Education Africa for the ISRRT
• Secretary of SAAHE council (2014)
• Registered at the HPCSA (DR0028614)
I received the award “Excellence in Teaching” in the Faculty of Health and Environmental Sciences at the Spring Graduation ceremony on 8 September 2006.
Fulbright Scholarship: I visited the IUPUI from March to September 2011 for the project on formative postgraduate assessment.
10. GOOD CLINICAL PRACTICE
Certificate dated 09 November 2017.
Stephen Samson Mkoloma
Regional Coordinator Public Relations and Communication-Africa
Stephen Samson Mkoloma graduated from the University of Johannesburg with a Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Diagnostic Radiography in April 2008. Before that he received his diploma in Diagnostic Radiography in December 2005 which was awarded by the University of Dar es Salaam; Muhimbili University College of Health Sciences (MUCHS)His working experience as a radiographer is as follows:
-July 2005-March 2006 Imaging Plus Diagnostic Center
-April 2006-March 2008 Temeke Municipal Hospital
-April 2008 to date Ocean Road Cancer Institute (ORCI)
He also engages himself in Teaching as a part time tutor at the school of Radiography of the Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS) since 2008 to date where he devoted himself in teaching Radiation sciences and Radiographic Imaging.
Mr. Mkoloma was appointed a chairperson for the interim committee that organized a Scientific Conference and Annual General Meeting for TARA after some years of it’s being silent. He is currently holding this position following the TARA general election that took place in November 2013 during the conference and AGM.
Christopher Steelman, M.S., R.T. (R)(CI), RCIS
Regional Coordinator Professional Practice-The Americas
43 Chestnut Street #307 n New Haven, CT 06511
+1 843.290.5404 n firstname.lastname@example.org
Master of Science - Educational Technology November 2010
Saint Joseph’s University, Philadelphia, PA
Associate’s Degree - Radiological Sciences August 2005
Penn State University, New Kensington, PA
Bachelor’s Degree - Exercise Science December 1984
West Chester University, West Chester, PA
CRT - Fluoroscopy April 2008
ARRT - Cardiac - Interventional October 2007
RCIS - Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist June 2006
ARRT - Registered Radiologic Technologist August 2005
The Hoffman Heart and Vascular Institute of Connecticut August 2017
Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center, Hartford, CT
School of Invasive Cardiovascular Technology
Rush University September 2017
College of Health Sciences College , Chicago, IL
Department of Medical Imaging
American Society of Radiologic Technologists
Chairman - Cardiac and Vascular Interventional Curriculum Revision Workgroup 2018 - present
Practice Standards Council 2015 - present
Practice Standards Council Cardiovascular-Interventional Subcommittee 2013 – present
Chairman - Cardiac Interventional & Vascular Interventional Technology 2014 - 2017
Vice-chairman - Practice Standards Council 2016
Chapter Steering Committee, Delegate – Cardiovascular/ Interventional 2013 - 2017
Cardiac and Vascular Interventional Curriculum Revision Workgroup 2013
Scanner Magazine Editorial Advisory Panel 2014-2017
Student Mentor 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
Leadership Academy Graduate 2016
Student Intern - Leadership Development Program 2005
International Society of Radiographers and Radiological Technologists
Regional Coordinator of Professional Practice for The Americas 2014 - present
19th World Congress, Session Chair 2016
17th ISRRT World Congress, Proposal Review Committee 2012
American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
Cardiac-Interventional Practice Analysis and Continuing Qualification
Requirements Advisory Committee. 2014 - 2017
Consultant – Examination Item Writer 2013 - present
Consultant - Cardiac-Interventional Radiography Examination Committee 2008 - 2016
Cardiovascular Credentialing International
Board of Advisors - Invasive/Interventional Cardiovascular September 2017 - present
The World Radiography Educational Trust Foundation
Trustee - Director of Ambassador Program 2013 - present
Education Committee 2016 - present
Ambassador 2011 - 2013
American College of Cardiology
Cardiovascular Team Communication Work Group 2016 - present
Cath Lab Digest
Editorial Review Board 2016 - present
Everything Radiography (Nigeria)
North American Editor 2016 - present
American Society of Radiologic Technologists Foundation
International Outreach Review Committee 2015 - present
Association of Educators in Imaging and Radiologic Sciences, Inc.
Educational Resources Committee 2014-2017
Share The Stage
Student Mentoring 2015 - present
South Carolina Society of Radiologic Technologists
Board of Directors 2016 - 2017
California Society of Radiologic Technologists
Vice President 2014 - 2015
Education Committee Chair 2014 - 2015
Board of Directors 2013 - 2015
Instructional Technology Systems Manager 2011 - 2015
World Health Imaging, Telemedicine & Informatics Alliance
Consultant - Site Assessment, Training (South Africa) 2010
American Society of Radiologic Technologists
“The Radiologic Technologist: Accepting the Challenges of Today’s Cath Lab”
2017 Education Symposium, Orlando, FL. 2017
South Carolina Society of Radiologic Technologists
70th Annual Conference, Myrtle Beach, SC 2017
International Society of Radiographers and Radiological Technologists
“The Radiologic Technologist Perspective - The Radiation Safety Advocate in the Cath Lab, USA Practice”
19th World Congress, Seoul, Korea 2016
South Carolina Society of Radiologic Technologists
“The Evolving Role of the Technologist in the Cardiac Cath Lab”
69th Annual Conference, Myrtle Beach, SC 2016
Association of Educators in Imaging and Radiological Sciences, Inc. (AEIRS)
Rapid e-Learning Methodology – An Efficient Approach to Capturing and Sharing Knowledge
2014 Annual Conference,Providence,RI 2014
California Society of Radiologic Technologists
“The Technologists Role in the Diagnosis and Treatment of Acute Myocardial Infarction”
74th Annual Conference, San Francisco, CA 2013
“E-learning for Global Radiology Development”
2013 RAD-AID Conference on International Radiology for Developing Countries
Baltimore, MD 2013
The World Health Organization / Pan American Health Organization
“Development of Online Learning Content”
9th Regional Congress of Health Information, Washington, DC 2012
Pennsylvania Society of Radiologic Technologists
“Traveling Technologist: USA and Abroad”
2012 PSRT Annual Conference, Seven Springs, PA 2012
Society of Radiographers (Jamaica)
“Diagnosis of Coronary Artery Disease with Computed Tomography”
2009 Jamaican Society of Radiographers Annual General Meeting and Education Symposium
Kingston, Jamaica 2009
Mazal J, Steelman C. Radiologic technologists in international radiology outreach.
In: Mollura D, Lungran M ed. Radiology in Global Health: Strategies, Implementation, and Applications. New York:
Abuzaid MM, Elshami W, Steelman C. Measurements of radiation exposure of radiography students during their clinical
training using thermoluminescent dosimetry. Radiat Prot Dosimetry.:1-4. doi:10.1093/rpd/ncx261.
Steelman C. Cardiovascular imaging in the developing world. Cath Lab Digest 2016; 24(9)
Steelman C. Darbo A Medical imaging in The Gambia. Everything Radiography International.
Steelman C. ISRRT World Congress: A report from Seoul. Everything Radiography International.
Steelman C. International efforts to reduce medical imaging dose. Everything Radiography International. 2016; 6(3):30
Steelman C. Global collaboration increases educational opportunities. Everything Radiography International. 2016;
Bullister C Steelman C. Have you heard? ASRT Scanner. 2016; 48(6):19
Steelman C. Medical imaging dose reduction Is a worldwide concern ASRT Scanner. 2016; 48(3):22
Steelman C. Higher Education: World Radiography Educational Trust Foundation fills educational void ASRT Scanner.
Steelman C. A "day in the life" of a cath lab technologist. ASRT Scanner 2012; 44(6):16-17
Steelman C. News & Views from Around the World - International Society of Radiographers and Radiological
Technologists. Quarterly Contributor 2014 - present
Steelman C. Review of: The Cardiac Catheter Book: Diagnostic and Interventional Techniques, by Lapp H, Kakau I.
Radiol Technol. 2015; 86(6):672-673
Steelman C. Review of: Clinical Cardiac CT: Anatomy and Function, by Halpern E. Radiol Technol. 2011; 83(1):84-85
Steelman C. Review of: Cardiac Imaging, by Restrepo C, Bardo D. Radiol Technol. 2011; 82(6):571-572
Connecticut Society of Radiologic Technologists 2017
Alliance of Cardiovascular Professionals 2017
American College of Cardiology 2015
Association of Educators in Imaging and Radiologic Sciences 2012
The Society of Invasive Cardiovascular Professionals 2011
International Society of Radiographers and Radiological Technologists 2009
South Carolina Society of Radiologic Technologists 2009
American Society of Radiologic Technologists 2004
DR. ROBIN C. HESLER
Regional Coordinator Education-The Americas
Born in the Southall, Middlesex, UK
Father – Canadian WWII veteran. Fought in North Africa, Sicily, Italy, Holland, Belgium,
Czechoslovakia, and Germany. Won the Military Cross in Italy, mentioned in dispatches twice.
Retired in his military career as a Major. In civilian life he was a Registered Industrial
Accountant and Cost Accountant retiring as the Treasurer of Ronark Developments
Mother – British WWII veteran . Served in the ATS and worked in British Intelligence in Field
Marshall B. Montgomery’s Headquarters, South-eastern Command as part of the planning team
for the D-Day invasion. After the war became a housewife and wrote articles for various
Graduated in 1969 as a Medical Radiation Technologist in the Discipline of Radiological
Technology from the Hamilton District School of Radiography (forerunner of the Mohawk
College Applied Arts and Technology’s Program)
Served as general and special procedures Technologist before becoming the Supervisor of the
ER X-Ray at the Hamilton General Hospital. Became the Assistant Chief Technologist in 1971.
Served as the Technical Director of the Radiology Department, Hamilton General Hospital, from
1973 – 1976. During that period I led the installation of the second CT scanner in Canada.
Served as the Radiology Manager at the Chedoke Hospitals from 1976 – 1988. Involved in
magnification radiography research, MRI research through the then Picker X-Ray in
collaboration with the Montreal Neurological Hospital, research in radiographic imaging of the
Internal Auditory Meatus (IAM) and Thermography.
Starting in 1988 until 1 July 2013 served as the Executive Director, then the CEO and finally the
President and CEO of the Ontario Association of Medical Radiation Sciences (OAMRS), formally
the Ontario Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (OAMRT).
AWARDS - CIVILIAN
United Electric X-Ray Award – 1972 and 1973 for the best provincial technical paper by an MRT
Winthrop Award 1979 and 1980 – Provincial MRT essay awards
Ken Turnbull Award for outstanding service to the MRT profession in Ontario
OAMRT Life Membership, 1988
Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists President’s medal, 1991
Mary F. Cameron Lecturer 2013 - OAMRS
AWARDS – MILITARY
Canadian Forces Decoration with two Bars
Queen’s Jubilee Medal
Canada 125 medal
Visited El Salvador twice as part of a team through “McMaster International” to study the state
of radiology there sponsored by the CAMRT Foundation. Instructed in radiation protection and
quality control and assurance there on the first visit and developed a degree as entry to
practice for the University of El Salvador for Medical Radiation Technologists and Medical
Sonographers. Championed El Salvador to become a member of the ISRRT.
Presently the Education Coordinator for the Americas ( North, Central, South America and
Caribbean nations) for the International Society of Radiographers and Radiological
Enrolled in the Highland Light Infantry of Canada (now the Royal Highland Fusiliers of Canada)
Rose to the rank of Sergeant before receiving my Commission. As a Private and NCO qualified as
an Anti-Tank Gunner, Signals Operator, Machine Gunner and radiation assessment and
monitoring technician. Trained in national survival (nuclear disaster recover, rescue, command
Graduate of the Canadian Forces School of Instructional Technique (equivalent to a BA -
education). Served with the NATO Forces in Germany (2 RCR) as an NCO as well as doing a
short stint in Cyprus. Received my Commission as a 2nd Lieutenant in 1969 and rose through
the Officer ranks to become a Lieutenant Colonel in 1981 when I assumed Command of the
Lorne Scots (Peel, Dufferin & Halton) Regiment. Before becoming a Lieutenant Colonel I
qualified as: an Intelligence Officer, Demolitions Officer, jungle warfare instructor, unarmed
combat instructor, as a paratrooper, and to the qualified rank of Brigadier General at the
Canadian Land Forces Command and Control Staff College . Further, I held positions as a staff
officer in logistics, administration, personnel, intelligence and operations within the Primary
I was a directing staff (DS) at the Canadian Land Forces Command and Staff College as guest
instructor to several Regular Army courses and as a regular DS to the Reserve Militia Officer’s
Following my Command with the “Lorne Scots” I was selected as one of two (2) Canadian
Reserve Army Officers across Canada to attend the US Marine Corps Reserve Command and
Staff College where I placed first among the international candidates. I then taught reserve
Majors on their Lieutenant Colonel qualifying course and designed two (2) qualification courses
related to medical administration for medical administration Officers. From there I was
seconded to Command the 23 (Hamilton) Medical Company (now 23 (Hamilton) Field
Ambulance), which lasted 4 years. During that period I commanded an all Ontario
concentration of Reserve and Regular Force medical personnel where the focus of the month
long Concentration focused on mass casualty situations after a nuclear attack, a biological
warfare attack and general warfare casualties. I retired in 1994 after serving in the Hamilton
District Head Quarters as the Senior Staff Officer overseeing HR and later Logistics, culminating
as the Deputy District Commander overseeing seven (7) military units.
VOLUNTEER POSTS HELD OR HOLDING
President of the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists
President of the Ontario Association of Medical Radiation Technologists
President of the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists Foundation (CAMRTF)
Secretary of the CAMRTF
A member of the Audit team of the CAMRTF for 3 years
Vice President of the Ontario Rifle Association
Director and Treasurer of the former Hamilton Military Institute
Member of the initial Council forming the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario
(Regulatory Body for Medical Radiation Technologists)
Program Advisory Committee Chair; Sheridan College’s General Arts and Sciences (GAS) and
later the Program Advisory Committee (PAC) Chair for the Health Profile Program
Chair of the Healing Arts Radiation Protection Commission’s Radiological Technology Advisory
Committee (representing the Ontario Hospital Association (OHA) )
Chaired the Hamilton / Burlington Radiology Manager’s group when a Radiology Manager
Instructor, Basic Radiological Technician Program (BRT); (teaching First Nation students in
Northern Ontario and the Northwest Territories basic X-ray production) and was the Quality
Management coordinator for the Program. Now an Instructor on the BRT Course being taught
Former member, Canadian Institute of Strategic Studies
Member of the Senates for the Lorne Scots (Peel Dufferin & Halton) Regiment, and the 23 Field
Member of the Canadian Infantry Association
Board of Directors, Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT)
Deputy Chair, Hamilton Branch, St John Ambulance and Chair of the Community Service,
Strategic Planning, Honours and Awards Committees; member of the Finance and Building
Knight Commander, Hamilton Commandery, The Hospitaller Order of Saint John of Jerusalem,
Chair of the Mohawk College – Mc Master University’s Medical Radiation Sciences DegreeDiploma
Program’s Program Advisory Committee (PAC)
Former Chair of the Ontario Healing Art’s Radiation Protection Commission’s Radiological
Technology Advisory Committee
SUMMARY OF OTHER ACTIVITIES
Served as an Instructor for the middle management courses at Chedoke-McMaster Hospitals
Served on the disaster management group – Chedoke-McMaster Hospitals
Part of a research team investigating diseases related to Internal auditory Meatus
Member of a research team concerning MRI and CT safety
Member of a research team investigating the practical use of Thermography in medicine
Co-Author of the Ontario Hospital Association’s (OHA’s) Dose Audit Manual – Ionizing Radiation
As a former Professor and Faculty member of the Canadian School of Management taught:
Project Management. Quality Management, Risk Management, The Canadian Health Care
System, and Social Aspects of Health Care.
Co-author of a national retraining program for MRTs in Canada
Sat on a Provincial Government group to develop the first and later to revise the Ontario
Occupational Health and Safety Act’s X-ray Safety Code
Sat on a committee revising the Health Canada’s Safety Code 20 A as well as the Radiation
Emission Devices (RED) Act
Have chaired three (3) Ontario Hospital Association (OHA) Seminars related to Diagnostic
Served as the Chair of Sheridan College’s General Arts and Sciences (GAS) Program Advisory
committee and in that post, chairing a major Program review, and presenting to the provincial
GAS conference on Interprofesisonal Collaboration and how that philosophy could be used in
integrating college programs
Served as chair of Sheridan College’s Health Profile Program
Presenter at various Medical Radiation Technologists national and provincial conferences
covering: medical errors, Quality and Risk Management, professional practice issues, regulatory
environment; 6 Sigma, LEAN, government relations, and management practices.
Presenter at two Canadian Society of Association Executives (CSAE)’s annual conferences
Presenter at three CAMRT Conferences
Introduced educational speakers and acted as facilitator at several educational sessions at
Was a member of the Ontario’s provincial consultation process on Inter-professional
collaboration and education (IPC/E)
Former member of the MOHLTC’s Diagnostic Imaging Safety Committee
Former member of the MOHLTC’s CT Safe Sub-committee
Former member of the MOHLTC’s MRI Safety Sub-committee
Former member of the Ontario’s PILOT Nominee Program consultation group
Participant of several think tank sessions on the future and strategic planning related to the
Ontario health care system
Participant of two (2) Provincial budget consultations chaired by the Ontario Minister of
Served as a member of the CMA/CAMRT Conjoint Committee on Accreditation Survey teams
Served on the Mohawk College Radiography Advisory Committee
Chaired the Coalition of Regulated Health Professional Associations (Ontario) for 4 years
Acted as the strategic planning consultant to the Saskatchewan Association of Medical
Radiation Technologists (SAMRT) in developing and producing their first strategic plan to move
from a professional association to a combined regulatory body and professional association.
Acted as a consultant to the Nova Scotia Association of Medical Radiation Technologists in their
move to become a regulator.
Served as a consultant to the Sioux Lookout Hospital regarding Total Quality Management
requirements and the design for the new Radiology Department
Was a member of the part-time Faculty at Sheridan College teaching Critical Thinking &
Problem Solving, anatomy, physiology and patho-physiology.
Author of four (4) Ontario Association of Medical Radiation Technologist’s Continuing
Professional Development courses ( Sexual Abuse & Harassment; Anatomy & Physiology;
Introduction to Project Management; Communications)
Produced a module on radiation protection for the McMaster Nurse Practitioner Program in
collaboration with Dr Ernie Edmonds and did a video for that program on radiation protection
Chaired three Ontario Hospital Association ( OHA) seminars on patient safety in diagnostic
Organized, chaired and presented at the Medical Radiation Technology sessions at the OHAs
annual general conferences for three consecutive years.
Former official registered Ontario lobbyist for the OAMRS
Chaired a multi-disciplinary group concerned with revising the Healing Arts Radiation Protection
Act of Ontario and its Regulations
Served as a member of the Advocacy Advisory Committee for the Canadian Association of
Medical Radiation Technology (CAMRT)
Chaired the Board Education Committee for the CAMRT
Served on the governance review committee of the CAMRT
Served on the CAMRT Board Manual Revision Project
Served on the CAMRT’s Proxy Review Committee
Initiated the CAMRT’s review on education program accreditation and served on the committee
Served as Parliamentarian to the CAMRT President on three occasions
Served as the Floor Parliamentarian for member at CAMRT AGMs fro three years
Certified as an MRT in 1969
CHA Departmental Management Certificate – 1974
Holder of the OAMRT’s Teaching Certificate
Holder of the OAMRT’s Quality Control Diploma
Holder of the OAMRT’s Advanced Certification
Graduate – Military Staff College (Reserves) 1976; qualified as a LCol
Bachelor of Health Sciences – Canadian School of Management/Northland Open University -
Bachelor Degree, Health Sciences, University of King’s College, 2002
Graduate of the US Marine Corps Reserve Command and Staff College; 1985
Master’s in education from the USA’s DETC accredited “University of Action Learning”
specializing in electronic / on-line education – Y2K,2001
Doctorate in Business Management with distinction – International Management Centres
Associations/ King’s College University,2005
Post Fellow in Business administration, with distinction – International Management Centres
Association/King’s College University;2005
A plethora of continuing professional development courses related to medical practice and
management resulting in various certificates.
Timmerie Cohen, PhD, RT (R) (T), CMD
Regional Coordinator Public Relations and Communication-The Americas
Timmerie Cohen, PhD, RT (R) (T), CMD
Department of Radiation Sciences
School of Allied Health Professions
Virginia Commonwealth University
Ph.D., Public Policy and Administration,
Concentration: Health Policy
Dissertation: Human Papillomavirus: Identifying Vaccination
Rates, Barriers, and Information Gathering Among Women Ages 18-26
Advisors: Drs. Janet R. Hutchinson, Jeffrey Legg, Jason Levy, William Bosher Virginia Commonwealth University
Masters of Science, Health Promotion Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
Bachelor of Science, Clinical Radiation Sciences
Virginia Commonwealth University
Associate of Science
Virginia Commonwealth University
Student Exchange Program in Radiologic Technology and Radiation Therapy University of Wales, Great Britain Professional Experienc
Radiation Therapy Clinical Coordinator
Department of Radiation Sciences
Virginia Commonwealth University
Techniques and Applications in Radiation Therapy
Pathology and Treatment Principles I and II
Cross Sectional Anatomy
Orientation to Radiation Therapy
Responsibilities in the Ph.D. Program in Health Related Sciences:
Ph.D. Dissertation Seminar Program
Ph.D. Independent Study Program
Ph.D. Dissertation Chair for Stephanie McHugh, “Evaluating the Effects of a Flipped Classroom Compared to a Traditional Classroom on Retention of information and Course Engagement in a Radiation Safety Course”
Ph.D. Committee Member for Richard Walls, “Factors Affecting Reperfusion Time in Patients Presenting with ST-segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction (STEMI)”
Clinical Education and Coordination in Radiation Therapy
Director of Clinical Education for all Modalities (Radiography, Radiation Therapy, and Nuclear Medicine)
Henrico Doctors’ Hospital
Chief Radiation Therapist/Dosimetrist
Albany Veterans Administration Hospital
Albany, New York
2000-2001 Staff Radiation Therapist
Albany Medical Center Hospital
Albany, New York
Staff Radiation Therapist/Treatment Planning
Barrett Cancer Center, University of Cincinnati
Lead Radiation Therapist
Commonwealth Cancer Institute
Certified Medical Dosimetrist
Medical Dosimetrist Certification Board
American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
Radiation Therapy Technology
American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
Virginia Board of Medicine State License to Practice Radiologic Technology (current)
New York State License (inactive status)
International Society of Radiographers and Radiological Technologists
Association of Educators in Imaging and Radiologic Sciences
Virginia Society of Radiologic Technologists
Lambda Nu, Radiologic and Imaging Sciences National Honor Society
American Association of Medical Dosimetrists
American Society of Radiologic Technologists
Peer Reviewed Publications
Cohen, T.F., Dempsey, M.C., Keith, R. (2017) Perceptions of clinical preparedness among radiography and radiation therapy baccalaureate students in JRCERT accredited programs. Radiologic Science and Education, Vol. 22, No. 1. P. 3-13
Cohen, T.F, & Legg, J.S. Dempsey, M.C. (2015) The Effect of Vertical Off-Centering on Breast Dose During CT Simulation in Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation Planning, Journal of the American Society of Radiologic Technologists, Radiation Therapist, Vol. 24, No.2. P. 122-130
Cohen, T.F., Legg, J.S., Hutchinson, J., Levy, J., Bosher, W., (2015) Factors Influencing HPV Vaccine Use among Racially Diverse Female College Students. Journal of Health Disparities Research and Practice, Vol. 8, Issue 2, P. 75-88
Cohen, T.F., Legg, J.S. (2014). Factors Associated with HPV Vaccine Use Among Hispanic College Students. Journal of Allied Health, Vol. 43, No. 4, P. 241- 246
Cohen, T.F., Justice, M.F., Dempsey, M.C. (2014). Perceptions of Clinical Education Preparedness at a Large Urban US University: Is there a Difference between US- Born and Non-US Born Students? Journal of International Students, 4, P. 236- 246
Fauber, T.L., Cohen, T.F., Dempsey, M.C. (2011). High Kilovoltage Digital Exposure Techniques and Patient Dosimetry, Radiologic Technology, Vol. 82, P. 501-509.
Cohen, T.F., & Legg, J.S. ASRT Education and Research Foundation-Research
Grant, 2017. “Assessing Emotional Well-Being in Radiologic Sciences Students” $4800.00
Dempsey, M.C. and Cohen, T.F. ASRT Education and Research Foundation-Research Grant, 2016. Evaluating Secondary Thyroid Dose in Total Breast Irradiation. $9983.40
Cohen, T.F, & Legg, J.S. ASRT Education and Research Foundation-Research
Seed Grant, 2014. “The role of computed tomography in contributing to breast tissue dose in patients undergoing accelerated partial breast irradiation. $3500.00
International and National
International Society of Radiographers and Radiologic Technologist
World Congress in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago. Implementation of the Flipped
Classroom in Radiation Safety
American Society of Radiologic Technologist, Radiation Therapy Conference. San Diego CA. “Current Techniques and Management of Malignant Melanoma”.
International Society of Radiographers and Radiologic Technologist
World Congress in Seoul, South Korea. Perceptions of clinical preparedness among radiography and radiation therapy baccalaureate students in JRCERT accredited programs
International Society of Radiographers and Radiologic Technologist. World
Congress in Helsinki, Finland. Perceptions of Clinical Education Preparedness at a Large
Urban US University: Is there a Difference between US-Born and Non-US Born
American Society of Radiologic Technologist, Radiation Therapy Conference. Chicago IL. “A Bipartisan Examination of the Changing Face of Healthcare”. Co-presenter Melanie Dempsey MS, (R) (T) CMD
2016 (June) The Association of Educators in Imaging and Radiologic Sciences. Annual meeting Portland, Oregon. Perceptions of clinical preparedness among radiography and radiation therapy baccalaureate students in JRCERT accredited programs
2016 (October) International Society of Radiographers and Radiologic Technologist World Congress in Seoul, South Korea. The Effect of Vertical Off-Centering on Breast Dose During CT Simulation in Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation Planning
Honors and Awards
Harold Silverman Distinguished Author Award (2016) presented by The American Society of Radiologic Technologist for the manuscript “The Effect of Vertical Off-Centering on Breast Dose During CT Simulation in Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation Planning, Journal of the American Society of Radiologic Technologists, Radiation Therapist, Vol. 24, No.2. P. 122-130
J. Warren Perry Award Distinguished Author Award (2015) presented by the Journal of Allied Health for the manuscript “Factors Associated with HPV Vaccine Use among Hispanic College Students”. Journal of Allied Health, Vol. 43, No. 4, P. 241- 246
Induction into Pi Alpha Alpha, The Global Honor Society for Public Affairs and Administration, Virginia Commonwealth University Chapter (2013)
Induction into Lambda Nu, Radiologic and Imaging Sciences, Virginia Gamma Chi Chapter (2006)
2009-2010 AAMD Education Committee
2009-2011 University of the West Indies. Radiation Therapy Education Consultant
2015-Present Reviewer Journal of Health Disparities- University of Las Vegas
2016-Present- Allied Health Sciences PhD Committee
2017-Present Editorial Review Board “Radiation Therapist”
2017-Present Radiation Oncology National Prescription Consistency Working Group
2005-present Clinical Education Committee
2005-present Admissions Committee
2005-present Curriculum Committee
2005-present Recruitment Committee
2005-present Student Activities Committee
2005-present Outcomes Committee
2008 Diversity Committee
2009-2011 Pre-Health Advisory Committee
2015-2016 School of Allied Health Task Force Promotion and Tenure (alternate)
2015-2018 Clinical Coordinators Committee
2015-2018 Pre-Health Advisory Committee
2006-Present Volunteer Old Dominion Morgan Horse Association
2011-Present Girl Scout Troop 3538
Wong Ting Hei, Edward
Regional coordinator Public Relations and Communication-Asia/Australasia
Wong Ting Hei, Edward
DOB: 12 July 1966 Sex: Male
Address: 199A, Lin Fa Tei, Pat Heung, N.T., Hong Kong
Facebook: Edward Wong
To enhance my knowledge and capabilities by working in a dynamic organization that prides itself in giving substantial responsibilities to novel healthcare services in Hong Kong and International.
Over 25 years of service in Regional HA and Private Hospital including QEH, PMH, TMH and Hong Kong Sanatorium & Hospital. Possess working experience in all modalities of Diagnostic Radiology. Resourceful and knowledgeable about radiology industries; intensely involved in hospital planning and service provision in the past couple of years. Acquire good interpersonal skill and leadership through recent position as Chief Radiographer and chair the HK Radiographers’ Association currently. Moreover, I am self-motivated, hard working and technology sensitive. Present interest is Medical Informatics and radiology services development and recently was the Informatics Clinical Support Manager of Bayer HealthCare.
l Professional Diploma in Diagnostic Radiography, PolyU, HK 1988
l BSc (Hons), Anglia Polytechnic University, UK 1998
l Intermediate visiting MRI fellowship, U. of Pennsylvania, USA 1998
l Comprehensive PACS Training, U. of Southern California, USA 2002
l Graduate Certificate in MRI, University of Queensland, Australia 2003
l Master in Information Technology, HKOU, HK 2004
l Microsoft MCP 2005
l Certified PACS Association (CPAS) by PACS Administrators
Registry and Certification Association, USA 2006
l Medical Imaging and Information Administrator (MIIA) by
Japanese Association of Radiological Technologists 2006
l Fellowship of HKCRRT Medical Imaging Informatics (MII) Faculty 2009
l Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate 2011
l UCLA Effective Leadership Certificate 2011
PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATION STANDING
l Education Committee member, HK Radiographer Board Since 2011
l Faculty Director of HKCRRT Medical Imaging Informatics Faculty Since 2012
l Web Master of HKRA: www.hkra.org.hk Since 2012
l Chairman, Hong Kong Radiographers’ Association 2013-2018
l ISRRT Hong Kong Society Member Representative and Voting
l Web Master of HKCRRT: www.hkcrrt.org Since 2014
l Graduate and work as Radiographer II in Queen Elizabeth Hospital, master General Radiography 1988-1991
l Promoted to Radiographer I in Princess Margaret Hospital, learn CT and shifted as CT Radiographer 1991-1994
l Transfer to Tuen Mun Hospital 1994
l Perform Nuclear Medicine and other specialties 1995-1999
l Interventional Radiology Team Core member 1997-2005
l Start working on the new MRI (GE 1.5T) as Team Leader 1999
l Actively involved in the development of First PACS in New Territories West Cluster 2000
l Build the Filmless Ambulatory Care Centre in TMH 2002
l Procurement, planning and acquisition of Computed Radiography, Digital Radiography and PACS in the Cluster 2005-2009
l Build the Cluster PACS in NTWC 2006-2008
l Build the Electronic Error Logging and Maintenance System for Equipment in NTWC
l Build the Voice Recognition System in NTWC 2008-2009
l Installation of new GE PACS in Hong Kong Sanatorium & Hospital 2010-2012
l Involve in Project Management of 3 CTs, 5 MRIs, Ultrasound and
Mammographic Center and the new Radiology Department 2011-2014
l Responsible for Radiation Safety, Staff Duties and other daily management tasks 2011-2014
l Responsible for Public Private Interface and transfer of images to Hospital Authority ePR system 2010-2014
l Liaison of RT and PET department for image flow and storage 2010-2014
l Take part in the integration of CMS, RIS and Billing System of HKSH 2010-2014
l Setup a PACS Team for user support in HKSH 2012-2014
l Setup the Cardiac PACS in HKSH 2012
l Setup the first Mobile Digital X-ray Machine in Hong Kong for instant viewing of images in wards through wireless network 2013
l Setup the Electronic Document System in HKSH 2013-2014
l Involved in the new MR-PET Centre planning in HKSH 2013-2014
l Setup the Universal Scheduler Display in HKSH 2013-2014
l Take part in Tele-radiography in HKSH (for Neurologist and Radiologist) 2014
l Become the Informatics Clinical Support Manager, Asia Pacific of Bayer HealthCare Since 2015
l Promote and train the trainers using the Radiation Dose Monitoring System which is a very advance technology in Asia Pacific Region Since 2015 l Formation of RACE (Radimetrics APAC Clinical Expertise Group) Platform to train up Clinical Supports of radiation dose monitoring in APAC Since 2015
l Contract Lecturer of Tung Wah College on CT, RP and MII 2015
l Radiology Advisor (New PACS installation) of Hong Kong Imaging Center 2015
l Radiology Advisor (New Hospital and Clinics) of a New Private Hospital in Shanghai Since 2014
l Radiology Advisor of Gleneagle HK 2016
PRESENTATION AND PUBLICATION
l Exposure selection for paediatric brain CT (oral), 12th ACRRT, HK 1999
l Dose of CT brain in paediatric patient (oral), BIR, UK 1999
l Dose reduction in CT paediatric brain (poster), ISRRT, Australia 2000
l Reject Analysis of general radiography in TMH (paper), HKRA journal 2000
l MADP-an objective way to select mAs for ped. CT brain (paper), British Journal of Radiography 2001
l The digital cycle (paper), HKRA journal 2004
l Guest speaker of HK PolyU Undergraduates on PACS 2004 - 2008
l Is image reject analysis necessary for PACS (oral), 13th ISRRT, HK 2005
l A web-based library of digital radiography (best poster award), 13th ISRRT, HK 2005
l Can PACS make clinical physicians happy? An outpatient department model (poster), 13th ISRRT, HK2005
l Audit of Portable X-ray Examinations Time Span in TMH (paper), HKRA journal 2006
l Training and demonstration of AED PACS system for TMH AED clinicians 2007
l Paradigm Shift of Quality Management in Medical Image Display (oral), IAAHS, HAHO 2007
l eError Log (oral), Commission Training for Radiographers, HAHO 2008
l ePR Training and demonstration for POH clinicians 2008
l From Mini PACS to Enterprise PACS (oral), HKCRRT Inauguration Conference 2008
l Filmless Radiology Department-An Experience Sharing (oral), ASM, HKCRRT 2009
l A New Way of Reading Images Anywhere, Anyway! (oral), RCEP, HKRA 2010
l Data Migration (ePoster), AOCR 2010 2010
l Suggestion of Exposure Parameters (poster), AOCR 2010 2010
l Hong Kong PolyU Master Course Guest Lecturer on Human Anatomy and Related Imaging 2010-2013
l Archive and Retrieve: some insights (oral), HKCRRT MII Seminar 2011 l An overview of Radiation Monitoring Program in Radiology (oral), HKRA ASM 2011
l How to set up a Private Public Interface for imaging sharing (poster) , SIIM ASM, Washington, USA 2011
l ePR PPI experience sharing in HAHO 2011
l PACS Administrator Basic Training in HKSH 2012
l ECR 2012 (1 oral + 1 education exhibit) 20125
l ISRRT Research Fund Award: Comparison of the effectiveness in the eye dose protection by gantry tilting or the application of the bismuth eye shield in routine CT non-helical adult brain examination using the low dose technique of iterative reconstruction projection method 2012-2013
l MII tutorial for PACS Administration (annually), Hong Kong 2012-2014
l Portable DDR performance (paper), Radiology Management, USA 2013
l Radiation Exposure Repository (oral), Korean Congress of Radiology, Korea 2013
l Hong Kong-Shanghai Academic Conference: Invited Speaker on History of PACS development in Hong Kong, Shanghai, China 2013
l ISRRT 3 days workshop in Sri Lanka (speaker) Introduction to CR, DR and PACS, Sri Lanka 2014
l CT Radiation Dose Monitoring (oral), ISRRT 2014, Finland 2014
l Role of Radiographers in Radiation Protection (oral), Chinese Society of Imaging Technology, Chengdu, China 2014
l Evidence Based Radiation Protection (oral), Macau Radiographic Technologist Association 2014 ASM, Macau 2014
l Basic Medical Imaging for Physiotherapists (oral), Guest Presentation for HK Physiotherapists Union Meeting, Hong Kong 2015
l Big Data in Radiology (oral), Macau Radiographic Technologist Association 2015 ASM, Macau 2015
l Radiation Dose Optimization Ambassador Course, Principle Tutor of HKRA, Hong Kong 2015-2016
l Dose Monitoring & Quality Assurance in Radiology (oral), MRTA Workshop, Macau 2016
l Reducing Radiation Dose in CT – the practical (oral), MRTA Workshop, Macau 2016
l Dose Measure for different Modalities (oral), CSIT 2017, Tianjin, China 2017
l Radiation Dose Monitoring Past & Future (oral), China-HK Forum, Shenzhen, China 2017
l Guest Lecturer of Polytechnic University on Radiation Protection (HTI5723-2018), Hong Kong 2018
OTHER ACHIEVEMENTS l Champion, 11-side football, HA tournament 2000
l Finish by 4 hours and 23 mins in 42.5 km Full Charter Marathon 2006
l Build up a web site for PACS information and training: www.pacs.hk 2007
l 100 km Trail Walker Competition and finished in 33 hours 2012
l Radiation Safety Officer, HKSH 2012-2014
l Quality Document Committee, HKSH
l Associate Photographer of United Photographers Hong Kong Since 2017
Dr. Naoki Kodama
Regional Coordinator Professional Practice-Asia/Australasia
Dr. Naoki Kodama is a professor of Department of Radiological Technology, Faculty of Medical Technology, Niigata University of Health and Welfare in Niigata city, Japan. Before that, he worked in Department of Medical Informatics, Faculty of Health and Welfare, Takasaki University of Health and Welfare, Japan, from 2004 to 2017. He received his Bachelor’s degree in Medical Science from Suzuka University of Medical Science in 1999. He holds a Master’s degree in Engineering from Nagaoka University of Technology in 2001. He received his doctoral degree in Engineering from Institute of Biomedical Engineering, Nagaoka University of Technology in 2004.
Kodama’s professional expertise includes; Medical Imaging Analysis, Near-infrared Spectroscopy, Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy and Radiological Technologist Education.
He holds professional qualifications as a licensed Radiological Technologists and Radiation Protection Supervisor. Kodama has been the director of the Japan Association of Radiological Technologists (JART) since 2006, and vice-president of the Japan Society of Education for Radiological Technologists since 2008. He received 6 awards for his research and education, including Summa Cum Laude Award of Bachelor of Science Degree from Suzuka University of Medical Science, Best Paper Award from Japan Society of Education for Radiological Technologists, Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Welfare Foundation Prize from Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Welfare Foundation and Certificate of Merit Award for Education Exhibit at the 96th Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting of Radiological Society of North America (RSNA).
Yudthaphon Vichianin, Ph.D
Regional Coordinator Education-Asia/Australasia
Yudthaphon Vichianin, Ph.D.
Council Member (Thailand)
Department of Radiological Technology
Faculty of Medical Technology
2 Prannok Rd., Siriraj Hospital
Bangkok 10700, Thailand
Telephone: +66 2 419 7173
Facsimile: +66 2 412 4110
Mobile: +66 85 161 5549
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Yudthaphon Vichianin graduated from Mahidol University with the degree of Bachelor of Sciences (B.Sc.) in Radiological Technology in 1995. He pursued his study and received his Master of Sciences in Information Technology (MSIT) at Mahidol University in 2000. He was granted a Royal Thai Government Scholarship to continue his study and received his Master of Sciences in Information System (MSIS) from Hawai'i Pacific University in 2003 and a doctoral degree in Communication and Information Sciences from University of Hawai'i, Manoa in 2007.
Currently, Yudthaphon is a lecturer and the secretary of the Master of Sciences degree program in Radiological Technology at the Faculty of Medical Technology, Mahidol University in Bangkok, Thailand.
Yudthaphon's has focused his professional expertises upon the intersection of ICTs, radiation technology, and education. He is highly active in the Thai Society of Radiological Technologists (TSRT) giving numerous training classes in PACS and MIIA certification preparation. He also teaches at numbers of universities in Thailand as an invited lecturer.
Award : Recipient of the Royal Thai Government Scholarship (2000-2007)
Phone number : 02-419-7173
Degree achievement Institute Year
Doctor of Philosophy
(Ph.D. in Communication and Information Sciences) University of Hawai’i at Manoa, Hawai’i. U.S.A. 2002- 2007
Master of Science
(MSIS in Information System with distinction) Hawaii Pacific University, Hawai’i. U.S.A. 2000-2002
Master of Science
(M.Sc. in Information Management with distinction) Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand. 1996-2000
Bachelor of Science
(B.Sc. in Radiation Technology) Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand. 1992-1995
Regional Coordinator Public Relations and Communication-Europe
Hanna graduated from Stadia University for Applied Sciences with a Bachelor degree of Radiography and Radiation therapy in 2000. She has been working in public hospitals and private health centers in a field of radiography and she has been working in a radiation therapy field as well recently. Hanna has gained experience in working abroad, and she did jump in to the industry side of the field for a while, to be a product- and application specialist for digital x-ray and mammography systems. Even though Hanna has broad experience in various modalities in the field of radiography, mammography and screening are near to her heart.
Over the years Hanna has been active in the local and national boards of radiographer societies in Finland. She has been volunteer working for the Society of Radiographers in Finland as a student coordinator and International coordinator.
When not working, Hanna has an interest in music, she plays flute, and in literature and writing. Two sons do keep her busy and happy.
Bachelor´s degree Radiography and Radiotherapy
Helsingin Ammattikorkeakoulu Stadia
Year of graduation: 2000
Activities: Student tutor.
Jan 2018 – Present
Radiography, Mammography (screening and clinical), CT, MRI
PSHP Radiation Therapy Unit Lahti
Jun 2015 – Dec 2017
Radiographer in Radiation Therapy unit of PSHP. Radiation therapy for adult patients. CT guided radiation therapy simulations.
Nov 2012 – Nov 2014
DR and Digital Mammography system sales. Technical training and system support. Imaging accessories and quality assurance product sales.
City of Lahti
Aug 2007 – Oct 2012
Diagnostic radiography (CR, DR), Mammography screening, Technical quality assurance.
Hospital District of Helsinki and Uusimaa (HUS)
Jan 2001 – Jul 2007
Diagnostic radiography (Analog, CR), CT, Student supervisor, Technical quality assurance.
Post Graduate courses
Mammography Screening certificate 2010
Society of Radiographers in Finland
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Huseyin Ozan TEKIN
Regional Coordinator Education-Europe
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Huseyin Ozan TEKIN
Department of Medical Imaging – Uskudar University
Istanbul / TURKEY
Researchgate Profile: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Huseyin_Tekin2
Areas of Interest
Radiology, Medical Physics, CT, Monte Carlo Simulations, Radiation, Nuclear Physics, Medical Imaging, Radiological Protection, Nanomaterials, MCNP code, Medical Imaging Physics, Radiotherapy, MRI Physics, Radiation Protection, Nano-Structure Materials, Detector Physics, Linux – Linux-Based Operating Systems.
Bachelor: Süleyman Demirel University (Physics) 2005-2009 / TURKEY
Bachelor: Siauliai University (Physics) (2007-2008) / LITHUANIA
Master: Süleyman Demirel University (Radiation Physics) 2009-2011/ TURKEY
Master (Internship): Siauliai University June-September, 2010 LITHUANIA
Master (Thesis Studies): Helmholtz Zentrum Dresden Rossendorf (HZDR)
Particle Accelerator Center- Dresden / GERMANY
Ph.D : Süleyman Demirel University (Radiation Physics) 2011-2014 / TURKEY
Ph.D (Thesis Studies) Helmholtz Zentrum Dresden Rossendorf (HZDR) Particle Accelerator Center
Dresden / GERMANY
1) Turkish(Native Language)
2) English (Advanced)
3 )Lithuanian (Intermediate)
4) Russian (Entry Level)
1) TurkishAccelerator Center (DPT-YUUP Project) (THM) [http://thm.ankara.edu.tr]
Researcher -Member TARLA (Turkish Accelerator and Radiation Laboratuary at ANKARA)
Bremsstrahlung Technical Committee Member (2009 – Present)
2) TUBITAK – “Learn The Basic Sciences, Do Not Afraid of Science"
Project Manager (Assistant) 2012 isparta / TURKEY
3) Süleyman Demirel University
2012 Science Project Competition 2012 and Spring Festival
Project Name: Smart Glasses (4. Best Project – 1000 TL prize)
Professional Experience on Monte Carlo Codes and Computing Programs
1) MCNP (Los Alamos – USA)
2) MCNP-X (Los Alamos – USA)
3) GEANT4 (Particle Simulation Code-CERN)
4) EGSnrc (Particle Simulation Code – NR Canada)
5) WinXray – A simulation toolkit for X Rays
6) MCXray Lite x64 – A Simulation Toolkit for X-Rays
7) 3ds MAX (3D Design Program)
8) Linux-Based Operating Systems International Scientific Activities
1) Turkish Accelerator Center Project
Invited Speaker: Hüseyin Ozan TEKIN
FOTONAS Physics Summer School 1-15, August,2010 Siauliai/ LITHUANIA
2) Particle Accelerators and Detectors Summer School
Turkish Physical Society -Ağustos 2009 Bodrum / TURKEY
3) Mini Workshop on Electron-Electron Bremsstrahlung
HZDR (Helmholtz Zentrum Dresden Rossendorf)
Speaker: Hüseyin Ozan TEKIN January 16-20, 2011 Dresden/ GERMANY
4) Turkish Accelerator Center – InternationalMachine Adviser Committee Meeting
Speaker: Hüseyin Ozan TEKIN August,2010 Bodrum / TURKEY
5) Radiation interaction with Material and its Use in Technologies
Participant- May 2012, Kaunas/ LITHUANIA
6) Justification and Authorization of planned Medical Exposures “The radiographer’s/RT’s involvement and contribution” A project aiming to develop a module through collaboration between ISRRT and Radiography Schools for student radiographers/RTs on how to fulfill their role on the Justification and Authorization of planned medical exposures on the principle of the radiation protection of the patient ISRRT. Stakeholder: Assist. Prof. Dr. Huseyin Ozan TEKIN (2016- )
7) Application Aspects of Monte Carlo Simulation in Radiotheray and Radiology
Invited Lecturer: Between 13-17 March 2017 (Totally 8 Hours Lecture by Erasmus+ Staff Mobility)
Medical Physics Department for MSc and PhD. Students.
Kaunas University of Technology (KTU) - LITHUANIA.
8) Certificate on Radiation Dose Management in Computed Tomography
International Atomic Energy Agency – Certificate 15 April 2017
International Research Activities
1) Various Hydrogen Experiment and Studies
Siauliai University – LITHUANIA
Supervisor: Assoc.Prof.Dr. Alfredas LANKAUSKAS (Dean of Natural Sciences)
2) Various Researches on LINAC Accelerators
HZDR (Helmholtz Zentrum Dresden Rossendorf)
Supervisor: Dr. Andreas WAGNER (Head of Nuclear Division)
3) MCNP Monte Carlo Code Applications onMedical Physics – Monte Carlo Studies
Tabriz / IRAN _MEDICAL PHYSICS DEPARTMENT
Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Asghar MESBAHI
Referee and Editorial Board Membership in International Indexed Journals
1) Journal of Communication and Computer (JCC / ISSN: 1548-7709 ) From: 2016
(Referee Committee Member) http://www.davidpublisher.org/index.php/Home/Journal/detail?journalid=16...
2) International Journal of Nuclear and Radiation Science and Technology (IJNURASAT)(Referee Committee Member)From: 2016http://dergipark.ulakbim.gov.tr/ijnurasat/about/displayMembership/500000...
3) The Online Journal of Science and Technology (TOJSAT) ISSN: 2146-7390(Referee Committee Member) From: 2016http://www.tojsat.net/?pid=showcontent&contenturl=editorialBoard
4) Iranian Journal of Medical Physics (IJMP) (Member of Refree Committee) From:2016-Present)
5) Progress in Nuclear Energy – Elsevier (2016-Present)
6) Nuclear Science and Techniques – Springer (2016- Present)
Membership of Institutions
1) Turkey Linux Users Association (LKD) www.lkd.org.tr
2) Turkish Medical RadiotechologyAssociation (TMRT-DER) Member of Scientific Advisory Committee (2016-Present)www.tmrtder.org.tr
3) International Society of Radiographers and Radiological Technologists.
Associated Member (2016-Present) www.isrrt.org
Taking Part in Scientific Activities Such as Congress, Symposium and Workshops
1) 11thNational Radiotechnology Conress and Training Seminars 23-26 April 2015 WOW Topkapi Palace Hotel - Kundu / Antalya-TURKEY(Scientific Committee Member)
2) Monte Carlo Applications of Nuclear and Particle Physics Summer School, 10-12 May 2013, Bitlis Eren University, Bitlis-TURKEY(Organising Committee Member)
3) International Symposium on Optical and Eye Health 12-13-14 October 2012, Süleyman Demirel University, Senirkent MYO, isparta-TURKEY(Organising Committee Member)
4) Computational Methods in Medical Physics Summer School (MEFHEY2013) 24-28 June 2013, Istanbul Aydin University, Istanbul – TURKEY(Organising Committee Member)
5) LUMIDOZ 7 – Luminescent Dosimetry Congress 10-12 September 2013 – Isparta TURKEY(Organising Committee Member)
6) International Conference on Computational and Experimental Science and Engineering.
(ICCESEN2014) 25-29 October 2014. Kemer-Antalya TURKEY (Organising Committee Member)
7) Medical imaging and Radiation Safety Symposium. 13 April 2014 Istanbul Aydin University, Florya Campus - Istanbul/ TURKEY(Organising Committee Member)
8) Medical imaging and Radiotherapy Days Event. 7 April 2015. Uskudar UniversitySHMYO Çarşi CampusUskudarIstanbul/ TURKEY(Chairman of the Organising Committee)
9) International Conference on Computational and Experimental Science and Engineering. (ICCESEN2015) 14-19 October 2015. Kemer-Antalya TURKEY(Organising Committee Member)
10) Medical imaging and Radiotherapy Days Event. Medical Radiation - 7 April 2015. Uskudar University SHMYO ÇarşiCampusUskudarIstanbul / TURKEY(Chairman of the Organising Committee – Trainer)
11) Monte Carlo Simulation Methods in Medical and Nuclear Applications(MENUS-MC)
1st Level Training. UskudarUniversity / ÜSMERA 5-6 September 2015. Uskudar / iSTANBUL (Chairman of the Organising Committee – Educator)
12) International Science and Technology Conference "ISTEC". 13-15 July 2016. Vienna / AUSTRiA
(Member of Editorial Board)
13) Radiation Protection in Diagnostic Radiology and QA /QCTARAD 2015 (19- 20 December 2015) Chairman of the Organising Committee)
14) International Conference on Computational and Experimental Science and Engineering. (ICCESEN2016) 19-24 October 2016. Kemer-Antalya TURKEY(Organising Committee Member)
15) Basic Radiotherapy and Radiotherapy Physics Education Workshop(TRRF2016) 23-24 April 2016. Uskudar University Çarşi Campus. Uskudar / IstanbulTURKEY(Chairman of the Organising Committee)
16) 12 th Radiotechnology Congress and Training Seminars with InternationalParticipation of TMRTDER (Turkish Assocation of Medical Radiotechnology. Papilion Zeugma Hotel Belek Antalya Turkey. April 27-30 2017 (2017.tmrtder.org.tr/en/)(Member of Scientific Committee)
17) 12 th Radiotechnology Congress and Training Seminars with InternationalParticipation of TMRT-DER (Turkish Assocation of Medical Radiotechnology. Papilion Zeugma Hotel Belek Antalya Turkey. April 27-30 2017 (2017.tmrtder.org.tr/en/)(Chair of Scientific Publication Committee)
18) International Conference on Computational and Experimental Science and Engineering. (ICCESEN2016) 4-8 October 2017. Side-Antalya TURKEY (Organising Committee Member)
19) 13 th Radiotechnology Congress and Training Seminars with InternationalParticipation of TMRT-DER (Turkish Assocation of Medical Radiotechnology. Kaya Artemis Hotel – Cyprus / Turkey. April 23-26 2017 (2018.tmrtder.org.tr) (Chair of Scientific Publication Committee)
PARTICIPATION AS A SPEAKER OR PANELIST RELATED TO THE FIELD AS A CONFERENCE, SEMINAR, OPEN INTERVIEW SESSION
1) Geant4 Physics Simulation Software. Free Software and Linux Days, 2013, 5-6 April2013, Istanbul BilgiUniversity Santral Campus Istanbul TURKEY
2) Geant4 Simulation Programs and Applications. Computational Methods in Medical Physics Summer School (MEFHEY2013) 24-28 June 2013, Istanbul Aydin University, Istanbul – TURKEY
3) The term of Ethic – Istanbul SILMO Education Fair. 26-29 December 2013. CNR Expo CenterIstanbul / TURKEY
4) Effects of Radiation on Human Body and Protection Ways – Büyükçekmece Municipality World Health Day Activities. 12 April 2015. Büyükçekmece Belediyesi Atatürk Kültür Merkezi Suna Pekuysal Salonu. Istanbul / TURKEY
5) Principles of Monte Carlo Simulation– Introduction to MCNP Code, Monte Carlo Simulation Techniques in Medical and Nuclear Applications (MENUS-MC). 1st Level Training. UskudarUniversity / ÜSMERA 5-6 September 2015. Uskudar / iSTANBUL / TURKEY
6) Nuclear Structure and Basic Interactions - Basic Radiotherapy and Radiotherapy Physics Education Workshop (TRRF2016) 23-24 April 2016. UskudarUniversity ÇarşiCampus.Uskudar / TURKEY
7) Term of Medical Radiation and Sources – 4 th Bioengineering and Genetics Days. T.C. uskudar University 6 th of May 2016. Istanbul TURKEY
8) Radiation Safety and Quality Standarts. Turkish Republic, Ministry of Health, 1st Health Quality Audit Education Program. Trainer: Assist. Prof.Dr. Huseyin Ozan Tekin. 10-15 October 2016, Hilton Inn Hotel. Ankara / TURKEY
9) Turkish Society of Medical Radiotechnology / Aims and Scope.
Speaker on Behalf of Society: Assist. Prof. Dr. Huseyin Ozan TEKIN 16 October 2016 Seoul / SOUTH KOREA
10) Radiation Safety and Quality Standarts. Turkish Republic, Ministry of Health, 2nd Health Quality Audit Education Program. Trainer: Assist. Prof.Dr. Huseyin Ozan Tekin. 13 December 2016, Arkas Hotel. Antalya / TURKEY
1) Basic Principles and Techniques of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) (BOOK)
Editors: Dr. Hüseyin Ozan Tekin and Murat Dündar
Authors: Dr. Hüseyin Ozan Tekin, Öğr. Gör. Murat Dündar, Barış Cavlı, Ali Salar, Dr. Mustafa Cantay Gök
Published: September – 2017 Publisher: Kongre Kitabevi
Publications in SCI Indexed Journals
1) I.Akkurt, K.Günoğlu, H.O. Tekin, Z.N. Demirci, G. Yegin, N. Demir. Estimation of Bremsstrahlung photon fulence from Aluminum by ANN.Iranian J. of Rad. Res – 2011 10 (1)
2) I.Akkurt, H.O. Tekin, A. Mesbahi. Calculation of Detection Efficiency for the Gamma Detector using MCNPX. Acta Physica Polonica A (2015) Vol:128 – No:2B. pp 332-334
3) U. Kara, H.O. Tekin, A.Calik, I. Akkurt. Performance of Boron-Carbide as Radiation Shielding. Acta Physica Polonica A (2015) Vol:128 – No:2B. pp 335-336
4) U.Kara, H.O. Tekin, I.Akkurt. Radiation Protection in PET Room. Acta Physica Polonica A (2015) Vol:128 – No:2B. pp 375-377doi:10.12693/APhysPolA.128.B-375
5) Huseyin Ozan Tekin. MCNP-X Monte Carlo Code Application for Mass Attenuation Coefficients of Concrete at Different Energies by Modeling 3 × 3 inch NaI(Tl) Detector and Comparison with XCOM and Monte Carlo Data. Science and Technology of Nuclear Installations Volume 2016, Article ID 6547318, 7 pagesdoi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2016/6547318
6) K. Yilacioglu, H.O. Tekin, S. Cetiner. Nitrogen Source, an Important Determinant of Fatty Acid Accumulation and Profile in Scenedesmus obliquus. Acta Physica Polonica A. Vol 129 (2016) No.1. doi:10.12693/APhysPolA.129.428
7) U.Kara, H.O. Tekin, I.Akkurt. Computed Tomography Routine Examinations and Related Risk of Cancer. Acta Physica Polonica A. Vol 129 (2016) No.1. doi:10.12693/APhysPolA.129.409
8) H.O. Tekin, V.P. Singh, T. Manici. Effects of micro-sized and nano-sized WO3 on mass attenuation coefficients of concrete by using MCNPX code. Applied Radiation and Isotopes. Vol 121 (2017) pp. 122-125. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.apradiso.2016.12.040
9) H.O. Tekin, T. Manici. Simulations of mass attenuation coefficients for shielding materials using the MCNP-X code. Nuclear Science and Techniques. NUCL SCI TECH (2017) 28:95. doi:10.1007/s41365-017-0253-4
10) A. Mesbahi, N. Rasouli, M. Mohammedzadeh, B. Nasiri Motlagh, H.O. Tekin. Comparison of radiobiological models for radiation therapy plans of prostate cancer: three dimensional conformal versus intensity modulated radiation therapy. Journal of Biomedical Physics&Engineering. https://doi.org/10.22086/jbpe.v0i0.655
11) G. Lakshminarayana, S.O. Baki, Kawa M. Kaky, M.I. Sayyed, H.O. Tekin, A. Lira, I.V. Kityk, M.A. Mahdi. Investigation of structural, thermal properties and shielding parameters for multicomponent borate glasses for gamma and neutron radiation shielding applications. Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids (2017). http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jnoncrysol.2017.06.001
12) M.G. Dong, E El-Mallawany, M.I. Sayyed, H.O. Tekin. Shielding properties of 80TeO2–5TiO2–(15−x) WO3–xAnOm glasses using WinXCom and MCNP5 code. Radiation Physics and Chemistry 141 (2017) 172–178. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.radphyschem.2017.07.006
13) M.I. Sayyed, M.Y. Al-Zaatreh, M.G. Dong, M.H.M. Zaid, K.A. Matori, H.O. Tekin. A comprehensive study of the energy absorption and exposure buildup factors of different bricks for gamma-rays shielding. Results in Physics. Available Online:19July2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rinp.2017.07.028
14) H. O. Tekin, M. I. Sayyed, E. E. Altunsoy, T. Manici. Shielding Properties and Effects of WO3 and PbO on Mass Attenuation Coefficients by using MCNPX Code. Digest Journal of nanomaterials and Biostructures. Vol. 12 No.3 July-September 2017. pp 861-867.
15) H.O. Tekin, U. Kara, T.Manici, E.E. Altunsoy, T.T. Erguzel. A Prediction Study on Bremsstrahlung Photon Flux of Tungsten as a Radiological Anode Material by using MCNPX and ANN Modeling. Acta Physica Polonica A. Vol. 132 (2017) No:3
16) H.O. Tekin, E.E. Altunsoy, T.Manici, B. Yilmaz. Quantitative Characteristic X-Ray Analysis for Different Compound Samples by Using Monte Carlo Method. Acta Physica Polonica A. Vol. 132 (2017) No:3
17) H.O. Tekin, T.Manici, E.E. Altunsoy, K. Yilacioglu, B. Yilmaz. An Artificial Neural Network-Based Estimation of Bremsstarahlung Photon Flux Calculated by MCNPX. Acta Physica Polonica A. Vol. 132 (2017) No:3-II.
18) U. Kara, A. Kaya, H.O. Tekin, I. Akkurt. Adult Patient Radiation Doses with Multislice Computed Tomography Exam: MSCT Standard Protocols. Acta Physica Polonica A. Vol. 132 (2017) No:3-II.
19) T.T. Erguzel, H.O. Tekin, T. Manici, E.E. Altunsoy, N. Tarhan. Comparison of Multiple Linear Regression Analysis and Artificial Neural Network Approaches in the Estimation of Monte Carlo Mean Glandular Dose Calculations of Mammography. Digest Journal of nanomaterials and Biostructures. Vol. 13 No.1 January-March 2018.
20) Huseyin Ozan Tekin, M. I. Sayyed, Tugba Manici, Elif Ebru Altunsoy. Photon shielding characterizations of bismuth modified borate - silicate-tellurite glasses using MCNPX Monte Carlo code. Materials Chemistry and Physics. (2018)
21) Huseyin Ozan Tekin, Mesut Karahan, Turker Tekin Erguzel, Tugba Manici, Muhsin Konuk. Radiation Shielding Parameters of Some Antioxidants using Monte Carlo Simulation. Journal of Biological Physics (J Biol Phys). doi: 10.1007/s10867-018-9489-4
22) Shams A.M., Yasser B. Saddeek, H.O.Tekin, M.I.Sayyed, Khamies Saber Shaaban. Investigations of radiation shielding and elastic properties of PbO-SiO2-B2O3- Na2O glasses using Monte Carlo method. Current Applied Physics. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cap.2018.02.018
23) H.O. Tekin, T.T. Erguzel, M.I. Sayyed, V.P. Singh, T. Manici, E.E. Altunsoy. An Investigation on Shielding Properties of Different Granite Samples using MCNPX code. Digest Journal of nanomaterials and Biostructures. Volume 13. Number-2. April-June 2018.
24) Huseyin Ozan Tekin, Vishwanath P. Singh, Elif Ebru Altunsoy, Mesut Karahan, M.I. Sayyed. GAMMA SHIELDING PROPERTIES OF ERBIUM ZINC TELLURITE GLASS SYSTEM USING MONTE CARLO METHOD. Journal of Testing and Evaluation. (In Press)
25) M.I. Sayyed, M.G. Dong, H.O. Tekin, G. Lakshminarayana, M.A. Mahdi. Comparative investigationsofgamma and neutron radiation shielding parameters for different borate and tellurite glass systems using WinXCom program and MCNPX code. Materials Chemistry and Physics. (In Press)
Publications in International Indexed Journals
26) H.O. Tekin, Ü.Kara, A. Mesbahi. AN OVERVIEW OF MONTE CARLO (MC) SIMULATION METHOD AND BASIC PRINCIPLES IN MEDCAL RADIATION AND RADIATION DETECTORS” The Online Journal of Science and Technology. Volume (6) 2016. Issue 3.
27) Huseyin Ozan Tekin, Iskender Akkurt. POSITION OPTIMISATION OF GE DETECTORS IN NUCLEAR RESONANCE FLUORESCENCE (NRF) EXPERIMENT BY USING MONTE CARLO METHOD. The Online Journal of Science and Technology - April 2016 Volume 6, issue
28) Huseyin Ozan Tekin and Umit Kara. Monte Carlo Simulation for Distance and Absorbed Dose Calculations in A PET-CT Facility by using MCNP-X. Journal of Communication and Computer 13 (2016) 32-35. doi:10.17265/1548-7709/2016.01.005
29) Huseyin Ozan Tekinet. al, Investigation of Backscattered Dose in a Computerized Tomography (CT) Facility during Abdominal CT Scan by Considering Clinical Measurements and Application of Monte Carlo Method. Journal of Health Science 4 (2016)
30) Huseyin Ozan Tekin, Vishwanath P. Singh, Umit Kara, Tugba Manici, Elif Ebru Altinsoy. investigation of Nanoparticle Effect on Radiation Shielding Property Using Monte Carlo Method. CBU Journal of Science, Vol 12, No 2 (2016).doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.18466/cbujos.15586
31) Huseyin Ozan Tekin, Tugba Manici, Viswanath P. Singh. AN INVESTIGATION ON SHIELDING EFFECT OF BISMUTH ON LUNG CT SCAN USING MONTE CARLO SIMULATION. Journal of Polytechnic, 2016; 19 (4) : 617-620. doi: 10.2339/2016.19.4 617-622
32) Huseyin Ozan Tekin, Elif Ebru Altunsoy, Tugba Manici, Umit Kara, Baris Cavli. ABDOMEN BİLGİSAYARLI TOMOGRAFİ (BT) GÖRÜNTÜLEMESİNDE GERİ SAÇILAN X IŞINI MİKTARLARININ FARKLI EKSENLERDE İNCELENMESİ. Aydın Journal of Health, Vol 2 No (2), 2016. 13-21. [ARTICLE IN TURKISH]
33) Umit Kara, Huseyin Ozan Tekin, Mehmet Nuri Kivrak, Gokberk Yagci. MIT: A Program to Simulate X-ray Images of the Body by Considering kVp, mAs and FFM Values. Iranian Journal of Medical Physics. 2017 (14) 60-65. doi:10.22038/ijmp.2017.20127.1191
34) V.P. Singh, N.M. Badiger, M.E. Medhat,H.O. Tekin .Novel High Strength Economical Shielding Materials. Sinop Uni J Nar Sci, 2 (1): 1-12 (2017)
35) H.O. Tekin, A. Mesbahi, V.P. Singh, U. Kara, T. Manici, E.E. Altunsoy. Assessment of MCNPX Monte Carlo Code for Absorbed Dose Calculations in Mammogarphy Examination. AKU J. Sci. Eng (2017). doi: 10.5578/fmbd.53950
36) H.O. Tekin, V.P. Singh, E.E. Altunsoy, T. Manici, M.I. Sayyed. Mass Attenuation Coefficients of Human Body Organs using MCNPX Monte Carlo Code. Iranian Journal of Medical Physics. Available Online: 04 June 2017. doi:10.22038/ijmp.2017.23478.1230
37) U. Kara, H.O. Tekin. Estimation of Absorbed Dose Distribution in Different Organs during the CT Scan: Monte Carlo Study. Austin J Radiol - Volume 4 Issue 1 - 2017
38) H.O. Tekin, V.P. Singh, T. Manici, E.E. Altunsoy. Validation of MCNPX with Experimental Results of Mass Attenuation Coefficients for Cement, Gypsum and Mixture. Journal of Radiation Protection and Research. 42 (3): 1-4, (2017).
39) Viswanath P. Singh, Huseyin Ozan Tekin, Nagappa M. Badiger, Tugba Manici, Elif Ebru Altunsoy. Effect of Heat Treatment on Radiation Shielding Properties of Concretes. Journal of Radiation Protection and Research 2018;43(1):20-28 https://doi.org/10.14407/jrpr.2018.43.1.20
40) Huseyin Ozan Tekin, Turker Tekin Erguzel, Mesut Karahan, Muhsin Konuk, Nevzat Tarhan. Radiation Attenuation Properties of Human Brain Regions According to Elemental Compositıon in Radiological Energy Range: A Monte Carlo Simulation. The Journal of Neurobehavioral Sciences (JNBS). Vol.5 (1), 2018. doi: 10.5455/JNBS.1521311225
Summary Texts Papers Published in InternationalCongresses and Symposiums
1) Hüseyin Ozan TEKIN,I.Akkurt et al. VARIATION OF RADIATION LEVEL IN A HOUSES IN ISPARTA.Turkish Physical Association Congress (TFD26) 24-27 September 2009 Bodrum/TURKEY
2) Iskender Akkurt and Hüseyin Ozan Tekin et al. CALCULATION OF BREMSSTRAHLUNG YIELD FOR THIN TARGET. Turkish Physical Association Congress (TFD26) 24-27 September 2009 Bodrum/TURKEY
3) Iskender Akkurt, Hüseyin Ozan TEKIN et al. PRODUCTION OF HIGH ENERGY PHOTON BEAM AT TAC. Turkish Physical Association Congress (TFD26)24-27 September 2009 Bodrum/TURKEY
4) Mavi B., Akkurt I., Akyildirim, H., Günoğlu, K. , Tekin H.O.Determination of Natural Radioactivity in Some Samples on the Eğirdir Seaside. IX. National Ecology and Environment Congress , 2009 Nevşehir University /TURKEY
5) Iskender AKKURT, Hüseyin Ozan TEKIN. Bremsstahlung Test Area @ TARLA.
ADIM Physics Days 2010 Afyonkarahisar/ TURKEY
6) Iskender Akkurt, Betül MAVI, Kadir GÜNOĞLU, Hüseyin Ozan TEKIN. Surface Radiation Measurement on Thermals in Afyon”ADIM Physcs Days-I 2010 Afyonkarahisar/ TURKEY
7) Pinar BAŞ, I.AKKURT, B.MAVI, K.GUNOGLU, Hüseyin Ozan TEKIN. Examinations of Radiation Absorption Properties of Some Wood Materials. Turkish Physical Association Congress August-20101 Istanbul-TURKEY
8) N.Demir, I.Akkurt, M.Doğru, G.Yeğin, Hüseyin Ozan Tekin, Z.N. Demirci. Simulations of Bremsstrahlung Photon Yields Generated in Thin Radiator. 2nd Internationalconference on Nuclear and Renewable energy Resources (NURER). 4-7 July 2010 Gazi University-Ankara / TURKEY
9) Iskender Akkurt, Hüseyin Ozan Tekin et al. Radiation shielding of the bremsstrahlung photon facility at TARLA. X. Radiation Physics and Protection conference 26-30 November 2010 Cario – EGYPT
10) K.Günoğlu, I.Akkurt, G.Yeğin, H.O.Tekin. Prediction of Bremsstrahlung PhotonFlux by Using Artificial Neural Networks. Turkish Physical Association Congress 6-9 September-2011 Bodrum- TURKEY
11) I. Akkurt, H.O.Tekin. TARLA BREMSSTRAHLUNG DENEY TESiSi FOTON GÖMÜSÜ
PARAMETRELERi”Turkish Physical Association Congress 6-9 September-2011 Bodrum- TURKEY
12) H.O.Tekin, I.Akkurt, R.Massarczyk. GEANT4: Simulation Code Used for Particle Accelerator. Turkish Physical Association Congress 6-9 September-2011 Bodrum- TURKEY
13) B.Mavi, K.Günoğlu, H.O.TEKIN, I.AKKURT. SENIRKENT UZUMUNDE 40K TAYINI.
X.NATIONAL ECOLOGY AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONGRESS.4-7 October 2011 Çanakkale/TURKEY
14) H.O. TEKIN, I.AKKURT, Ü.KARA. Some Geant Simulation Studies for HPGe Dedector.
7. INTERNATIONAL LUMINESCENCE DOSIMETRY CONGRESS.10-12 September 2013 ISPARTA, TURKEY
16) Hüseyin Ozan Tekin, Iskender Akkurt. Optimization of the gamma detectors for NRF experiments at TARLA. InternationalConference on Computational and Experimental Science and Engineering.(ICCESEN2014) 25-29 October 2014. Kemer-Antalya TURKEY
17) Hüseyin Ozan TEKIN, Iskender AKKURT and Asghar MESBAHI. Calculation of Detection Efficiency for the gamma detectors using MCNPX. InternationalConference on Computational and Experimental Science and Engineering.(ICCESEN2014) 25-29 October 2014. Kemer-Antalya TURKEY
18) Ümit KARA, Hüseyin Ozan TEKIN, Adnan CALIK and Iskender AKKURT. PERFORMANCE OF BORON-CARBIDE ON RADIATION SHIELDING. InternationalConference on Computational and Experimental Science and Engineering.(ICCESEN2014) 25-29 October 2014. Kemer-Antalya TURKEY
19) Ümit KARA, H.Ozan TEKIN and Iskender AKKURT. Radiation Protection in PET Room.InternationalConference on Computational and Experimental Science and Engineering.
(ICCESEN2014) 25-29 October 2014. Kemer-Antalya TURKEY
20) Ü. Kara, H.O. Tekin, I. Akkurt. Computer Tomography Routine Examinations and The Relation Risk of Cancer.InternationalConference on Computational and Experimental Science and Engineering. (ICCESEN2015) 14-19 October 2015. Kemer-Antalya TURKEY
21) K. Yilancioğlu, H.O. Tekin.Nitrogen source, an important determinant of fatty acid accumulation and profile in Scenedesmus obliquus.InternationalConference on Computational and Experimental Science and Engineering. (ICCESEN2015) 14-19 October 2015. Kemer-Antalya TURKEY
22) H.O. Tekin, K. Yilancioğlu, I. Akkurt. Estimation of Energy Spectrum from Co-60 and Cs-137 by using Artificial Neural Networks (ANN).InternationalConference on Computational and Experimental Science and Engineering. (ICCESEN2015) 14-19 October 2015. Kemer-Antalya TURKEY
23) H.O. Tekin, K. Yilancioğlu, Ü. Kara, , I. Akkurt “Estimation of Nuclear Resonance Fluorescence (NRF) Excitations Photopeaks and Energy Levels in 63-1874 keV Energy Range by Using Artificial Neural Networks (ANN)” InternationalConference on Computational and Experimental Science and Engineering. (ICCESEN2015) 14-19 October 2015. Kemer-Antalya TURKEY
24) Huseyin Ozan Tekin, Umit Kara, Ozlem Ozturk, Tugba Manici, Elif Ebru Altunsoy, Baris Cavli. COMPARISON STUDY OF CLINICAL MEASUREMENTS AND MONTE CARLO METHOD ON RADIATION DOSE RATE CHANGES BY DISTANCE IN COMPUTERiZED TOMOGRAPHY (CT) FACILITY” Fourth InternationalConference on Radiation and Applications in Various Fields of Research May 23-27, 2016. Faculity of Electronic Engineering, Nis-SERBIA.
25) Huseyin Ozan Tekin, Umit Kara.ANALYSE OF FILTERING MATERIAL AND EFFECT ON X-RAY FEATURES BY USiNG MONTE CARLO METHOD FOR MEDICAL IMAGING APPLICATIONS.Fourth InternationalConference on Radiation and Applications in Various Fields of Research May 23-27, 2016. Faculity of Electronic Engineering, Nis-SERBIA.
26) Huseyin Ozan Tekin, Umit Kara, Tugba Manici, Ozlem Ozturk, Elif Ebru Altunsoy. AN INVESTIIGATION ON PHOTON BEAM SPECTRA BY CONSiDERING ANGULAR VARIATIONS AND DEPTH DOSE CARACHTERISTiC FOR MAMMOGRAPHY BY USiNG MCNP-X” Fourth InternationalConference on Radiation and Applications in Various Fields of Research May 23-27, 2016. Faculity of Electronic Engineering, Nis-SERBIA.
27) Umit Kara, Huseyin Ozan Tekin. ESTIMATED RADIATiON RISKS, CLINICAL FACTORS AND PATIENT DOSE IN MAMMOGRAPHY. Fourth International Conference on Radiation and Applications in Various Fields of Research May 23-27, 2016. Faculity of Electronic Engineering, Nis-SERBIA.
28) Umit Kara, Huseyin Ozan Tekin, Mustafa Yildiz. CLINICAL EXPERIENCES WITH TC-99M RENAL SCINTIGRAPHY. Fourth InternationalConference on Radiation and Applications in Various Fields of Research May 23-27, 2016. Faculity of Electronic Engineering, Nis-SERBIA.
29) Umit Kara, Huseyin Ozan Tekin, Mustafa Yildiz. CARDIAC NUCLEAR MEDICINE PROCEDURES AND RADIATION EFFECTS. Fourth InternationalConference on Radiation and Applications in Various Fields of Research May 23-27, 2016. Faculity of Electronic Engineering, Nis-SERBIA.
30) M.FINDIKLI, R.KESKiN, H.O.TEKIN, U.KARA. A RESEACH STUDY ON EFFECTS OF FREE RADiCALS IN BIOLOGICAL SYSTEMS. TURKISH PHYSICAL SOCIETY 32ND INTERNATIONAL PHYSICS CONGRESS. 6-9 SEPTEMBER 2016. BODRUM – TURKEY
31) A.OZDEMIR, M.FINDIKLI, R.KESKIN, U.KARA, H.O.TEKIN. A STUDY ON GENERAL EFFECTS OF ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELDS BIOLOGICALLY. TURKISH PHYSICAL SOCIETY 32ND INTERNATIONAL PHYSICS CONGRESS. 6-9 SEPTEMBER 2016. BODRUM – TURKEY
32) M.FINDIKLI, R.KESKIN, H.O.TEKIN, U.KARA. AN ACUTE RADIATION SYNDROME: (NVS) NEUROVASCULAR SYNDROME. TURKISH PHYSICAL SOCIETY 32ND INTERNATIONAL PHYSICS CONGRESS. 6-9 SEPTEMBER 2016. BODRUM – TURKEY
33) E.A.KACAR, A. OZDEMIR, M. FINDIKLI, S. DONER, H.O.TEKIN,U.Kara. AN INVESTIGATION ON BASIC BODY SCANS AND SCAN PARAMETERS BY USING COMPUTERIZED TOMOGRAPHY (CT). TURKISH PHYSICAL SOCIETY 32ND INTERNATIONAL PHYSICS CONGRESS. 6-9 SEPTEMBER 2016. BODRUM – TURKEY
34) A. ÖZDEMİR, E.A.KAÇAR, M.FINDIKLI, S.DÖNER, H.O.TEKIN. GENERAL PRINCIPLES OF PEDIATRIC COMPUTERIZED TOMOGRAPHY (CT) PROCESS AND IMAGING PROTOCOLS. TURKISH PHYSICAL SOCIETY 32ND INTERNATIONALPHYSICS CONGRESS. 6-9 SEPTEMBER 2016. BODRUM – TURKEY
35) F.DUZYOL, N.YEYIN, M.DEMIR, H.O.TEKIN. TECHNICAL OVERVIEW TO PET-CT AND RECENT STATUS iN TURKEY” TURKISH PHYSICAL SOCIETY 32ND INTERNATIONAL PHYSICS CONGRESS. 6-9 SEPTEMBER 2016. BODRUM – TURKEY
36) F.DÜZYOL, N.YEYIN, M.DEMIR, H.O. TEKIN. THE GENERAL APPROACH TO RADIOPHARMACEUTICALS: USING IN PET-CT AND SCINTIGRAPHY.TURKISH PHYSICAL SOCIETY 32ND INTERNATIONAL PHYSICS CONGRESS. 6-9 SEPTEMBER 2016. BODRUM – TURKEY.
37) H.O.TEKIN, Ö.ÖZTÜRK, E.E. ALTUNSOY, T. MANICI, H.SAHIN. A MONTE CARLO APPROACH FOR SIMULATION OF PRODUCED X-RAY SPECTRA BY ELECTRON BEAM BY USiNG MCNP-X CODE FOR MEDiCAL IMAGINIG APPLICATIONS.TURKISH PHYSICAL SOCIETY 32ND INTERNATIONAL PHYSICS CONGRESS. 6-9 SEPTEMBER 2016. BODRUM – TURKEY
38) H.O.TEKIN, H.ŞAHiN, R.KESKIN. An InvestigatIon on Anode heel effect and Total X-Ray Spectrum in Mammography Tubes by Using MCNP-X Code. Turkish Physical Society 32nd InternationalPhysics Congress. 6-9 September 2016. Bodrum – TURKEY
39) E.E. ALTUNSOY, T.MANICI, H.O.TEKIN. A COMPARISON STUDY ON SPECTRAL PHOTON FLUX DENSiTY CHANGE BY TARGET THiCKNESS OF MOLYBDENUM (Mo) AS A MAMMOGRAPHIC ANODE MATERiAL BY USiNG MCNP-X CODE” Turkish Physical Society 32nd InternationalPhysics Congress. 6-9 September 2016. Bodrum – TURKEY
40) E.E. ALTUNSOY, T.MANİCİ, H.O.TEKIN.EFFECT OF THE ELECTRON BEAM ENERGY ON SPECTRAL PHOTON FLUX OF MAMMOGRAPHIC ANODE MATERIAL MOLYBDENUM (MO) A MONTE CARLO STUDY BY USiNG MCNP-X CODE.TURKISH PHYSICAL SOCIETY 32ND INTERNATIONALPHYSICS CONGRESS. 6-9 SEPTEMBER 2016. BODRUM – TURKEY
41) T. MANICI, E.E. ALTUNSOY, H.O.TEKIN.A STUDY ON ABSOLUTE EFFICIENCY OF 3X3 INCH NaI(Tl) DETECTORS: MONTE CARLO SİMULATION BY USİNG MCNP CODE. TURKISH PHYSICAL SOCIETY 32ND INTERNATIONAL PHYSICS CONGRESS. 6-9 SEPTEMBER 2016. BODRUM – TURKEY
42) T. MANICI, E.E. ALTUNSOY, H.O.TEKIN. AN INTRODUCTION TO MONTE CARLO MODELING TECHNIQUES OF 3X3 INCH NaI (Tl) DETECTORS BY USING MCNP-X CODE.TURKISH PHYSICAL SOCIETY 32ND INTERNATIONAL PHYSICS CONGRESS. 6-9 SEPTEMBER 2016. BODRUM – TURKEY
43) B. DEMIRKAN, M. YILDIZ, H.O. TEKINA STATISTICAL RESEARCH ON RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN IONIZING RADIATION AND DIFFERENT KINDS OF CARCINOMA FROM THE BIOLOGICAL PERSPECTIVE” TURKISH PHYSICAL SOCIETY 32ND INTERNATIONAL PHYSICS CONGRESS. 6-9 SEPTEMBER 2016. BODRUM – TURKEY
44) M. YILDIZ, B. DEMIRKAN, H.O. TEKIN. AN INVESTIGATION STUDY ON BIOLOGICAL EFFECTS OF IONIZING RADIATION ON FETUS. TURKISH PHYSICAL SOCIETY 32ND INTERNATIONAL PHYSICS CONGRESS. 6-9 SEPTEMBER 2016. BODRUM – TURKEY
45) H.O. TEKIN, T. MANICI, K.YILANCIOGLU. An Estimation with Artificial Neural Network (ANN) modeling on Variation of Bremsstarahlung Photon Flux by Considering Different Target Thicknesses by Using MCNP-X Code. INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON COMPUTATIONAL AND EXPERIMENTAL SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING. (ICCESEN2016) 19-24 OCTOBER 2016. KEMER- ANTALYA TURKEY
46) H.O. TEKIN “Comparison of Backscattered Dose Measurements in Computerized Tomography (CT) During Abdominal and Head Scan”INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON COMPUTATIONAL AND EXPERIMENTAL SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING. (ICCESEN2016) 19-24 OCTOBER 2016. KEMER- ANTALYA TURKEY
47) H.O. TEKIN, U. KARA, T. MANICI, B. CAVLI, C. EKMEKCi, E.E. ALTUNSOY. Quantitative Change in Computerized Tomography (CT) facility Between the Patient Absorbed Dose and Backscattered Dose by Considering PNS and Phantom Scan.INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON COMPUTATIONAL AND EXPERIMENTAL SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING. (ICCESEN2016) 19-24 OCTOBER 2016. KEMER- ANTALYA TURKEY
48) H.O. TEKIN, U. KARA, T. MANICI, K.YILANCIOGLU. A Prediction Study on Bremsstrahlung Photon Flux of Tungsten (W) as a Radiological Anode Material by Using MCNP-X and Artificial Neural Network (ANN) Modeling. INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON COMPUTATIONAL AND EXPERIMENTAL SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING. (iCCESEN2016) 19-24 OCTOBER 2016. KEMER- ANTALYA TURKEY
49) H.O. TEKIN, E.E. ALTUNSOY “QUANTITATIVE CHARACHTERISTIC X-RAY ANALYSIS FOR DIFFERENT BRASS SAMPLES BY USING MONTE CARLO (MC) METHOD.INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON COMPUTATIONAL AND EXPERIMENTAL SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING. (ICCESEN2016) 19-24 OCTOBER 2016. KEMER- ANTALYA TURKEY
50) U. KARA, H.O. TEKIN, M.YILDIZ, I. AKKURT “Clinical Nuclear Medicine Experiences with Tc 99m DMSA” INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON COMPUTATiONAL AND EXPERiMENTAL SCiENCE AND ENGiNEERiNG. (iCCESEN2016) 19-24 OCTOBER 2016. KEMER- ANTALYA TURKEY
51) U. KARA, H.O. TEKIN, M.YILDIZ, I. AKKURT “Nuclear Medicine Procedures And Radiation Effects in Tc99m Mag 3” INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON COMPUTATIONAL AND EXPERIMENTAL SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING. (ICCESEN2016) 19-24 OCTOBER 2016. KEMER- ANTALYA TURKEY
52) A. ZAVAGAR, E.MAVILI, B. CAVLI, H.O. TEKIN. PERIPHERAL ANGIOGRAPHY BY USING LOW DOSE AND LOW CONTRAST. 19 th International Society of Radiographers and Radiological Technologists (ISRRT) World Congress. 20-22 October, 2016 SEOUL / S.KOREA
53) B. CAVLI, H.O. TEKIN, U.KARA. AN OVERVIEW IF RADIOLOGICAL EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITIES IN TURKEY AND CONTRIBUTIONS OF TURKISH SOCIETY OF MEDICAL RADIOTECHNOLOGY. 19 th International Society of Radiographers and Radiological Technologists (ISRRT) World Congress. 20-22 October, 2016 SEOUL / S.KOREA
54) H.O. TEKIN, U. KARA, B. CAVLI. APPLICATION OF MONTE CARLO METHOD FOR RADIOLOGICAL STUDIES AND BASIC PRINCIPLES. 19 th International Society of Radiographers and Radiological Technologists (ISRRT) World Congress. 20-22 October, 2016 SEOUL / S.KOREA
55) U. KARA, A.KAYA, H.O. TEKIN. ADULT PATIENT RADIATION DOSES WITH MULTISLICE COMPUTED TOMOGRAPHY EXAM: MSCT SATANDARD PROTOCOLS. INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON COMPUTATIONAL AND EXPERIMENTAL SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING. (ICCESEN2016) 19-24 OCTOBER 2016. KEMER- ANTALYA TURKEY
56) A.KAYA, U. KARA, M.YILDIZ, H.O. TEKIN. ADULT PATIENT RADIATION DOSES WITH PET/CT EXAM. INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON COMPUTATIONAL AND EXPERIMENTAL SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING. (ICCESEN2016) 19-24 OCTOBER 2016. KEMER- ANTALYA TURKEY
57) U. KARA, G.GOCMEN, H.O. TEKIN. PEDIATRIC RADIATION DOSES WITH MULTISLICE COMPUTED TOMOGRAPHY EXAM: MONTE CARLO SIMULATION. INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON COMPUTATIONAL AND EXPERIMENTAL SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING. (ICCESEN2016) 19-24 OCTOBER 2016. KEMER- ANTALYA TURKEY
58) V.P. Singh, .M. Badiger, H.O. Tekin, U. Kara, H.R. Vega-Carrillo & M.A. Fernández Zenobio. Photon absorption of calcium phosphate based teeth biomaterials in diagnostic Radiology. XVII. International Symposium on Solid State Dosimetry. Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. September26th to 30th,2017.
59) H.O. TEKIN, T.MANICI, E.E. ALTUNSOY, T.T. ERGUZEL, B. YILMAZ, B.CAVLI. SHIELDING PROPERTIES OF BORON CARBIDE IN RADIOLOGICAL ENERGY RANGE BY USING MONTE CARLO METHOD. INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON COMPUTATIONAL AND EXPERIMENTAL SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING. (ICCESEN2016) 4-8 OCTOBER 2017. ANTALYA TURKEY
60) H.O. TEKIN, V.P. SINGH, I. AKKURT. A COMPARATIVE STUDY ON SHIELDING PROPERTIES OF SOME COMPOSITE MATERIALS BY MCNPX CODE. INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON COMPUTATIONAL AND EXPERIMENTAL SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING. (ICCESEN2016) 4-8 OCTOBER 2017. ANTALYA TURKEY
61) Erguzel T.T.,H.O. Tekin. Principle Component Analysis for Dimensionality Reduction of Large Mass Spectrometry Imaging Data Sets. INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON COMPUTATIONAL AND EXPERIMENTAL SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING. (ICCESEN2016) 4-8 OCTOBER 2017. ANTALYA TURKEY
62) B.Guclu, E.E. Altunsoy, T.Manici, H.O.Tekin. Investigation of humeral locking plate system effect on absorbed dose in breast tissue with different radiological energies by using MCNPX. CARS 2018 Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery. Berlin, Germany, June 20 - 23, 2018
63) T. Manici, H.O. Tekin, I. Akkurt, K. Gunoglu. Investigation of influencingfactors on absorbeddose in thebreastusing MCNPX Monte Carlo Code. 13th Radiotechnology Congress and Training Seminars with International Participation of TMRT-Der (Turkish Association of Medical Radiotechnology). 23-26 April 2018. Kaya Artemis Hotel – Cyprus.
64) E.E. Altunsoy, H.O. Tekin, K. Gunoglu, I. Akkurt. Mass Attenuation Coefficients of Some Human Organs in Radiological Energy Ranges using MCNPX Monte Carlo Code. 13th Radiotechnology Congress and Training Seminars with International Participation of TMRT-Der (Turkish Association of Medical Radiotechnology). 23-26 April 2018. Kaya Artemis Hotel – Cyprus.
SUMMARY TEXTS PAPERS PUBLISHED IN NATIONAL CONGRESSES AND SYMPOSIUMS
1) Hüseyin Ozan TEKIN, I.Akkurt, N.Demir. EGSnrc simulations for Bremsstahlung Photons ” Viii. Workshop of Turkish Accelerator Center Project7–8 December 2009, Gazı Unıversıty-ANKARA
2) N.Demir, I. Akkurt Hüseyin Ozan TEKIN. Radiator Design works for Bremsstahlung facility at TAC ” VIII. Workshop of Turkish Accelerator Center Project7–8 December 2009, Gazı University ANKARA
3) I.Akkurt, N.Demir, Hüseyin Ozan TEKIN. Main equipments and the overall assessment of Bremsstahlung Facility ” Viii. Workshop of Turkish Accelerator Center Project7–8 December 2009, Gazı Unıversıty-ANKARA
4) G.YEGIN, I. AKKURT, M.DOĞRU, N.DEMIR,S. ŞAHIN, Hüseyin Ozan TEKIN,Z.N. DEMIRCI “Simulation studies on Bremsstahlung Photon Beam”IX.Workshop of Turkish Accelerator Center Project 3-5 December 2010, ANKARA University, ANKARA
5) I. AKKURT, G.YEGiN, ,M.DOĞRU, N.DEMiR,S. ŞAHiN, Hüseyin Ozan TEKIN,Z.N. DEMiRCi “Bremsstahlung facility at TAC: Main equipments”IX.Workshop of Turkish Accelerator Center Project 3-5 December 2010, ANKARA University, ANKARA
6) N.DEMIR,I. AKKURT, G.YEGIN, ,M.DOGRU, S. SAHIN, Hüseyin Ozan TEKIN ,Z.N. DEMiRCi“Design studies of Collimator for TARLA Bremsstahlung facility ”
IX.Workshop of Turkish Accelerator Center Project 3-5 December 2010, ANKARA University ANKARA
7) Hüseyın Ozan TEKIN,I. AKKURT, G.YEGIN, ,M.DOGRU, N.DEMIR S. ŞAHIN,Z.N. DEMiRCi “Photon Beam Dump design studies for Bremsstahlung Facility at TARLA ”IX.Workshop of Turkish Accelerator Center Project 3-5 December 2010, ANKARA University, ANKARA
8) S. ŞAHIN I. AKKURT, G.YEGIN, ,M.DOGRU, N.DEMIR Hüseyin Ozan TEKIN Z.N. DEMIRCI “Photon Beam Dump design studies for Bremsstahlung Facility at TARLA. IX.Workshop of Turkish Accelerator Center Project 3-5 December 2010, ANKARA University, ANKARA
9) Hüseyın Ozan TEKIN “Final Design of Bremsstrahlung Photon Beam Dump. X.Workshop of Turkish Accelerator Center Project 9-11 December 2011, ANKARA University,ANKARA
10) Hüseyin Ozan Tekin “TARLA Determination of Detector Parameters for Bremsstrahlung Test Area” XI. Workshop of Turkish Accelerator Center Project 30 November-2 December 2012, Ankara University, ANKARA
Full Text Papers Published in National Congresses and Symposiums
1) H. Durmuş, H.O. Tekin, Ü.Kara. “AN OVERVIEW OF MGB2 SUPERCONDUCTORS FOR MRI APPLICATIONS” 8thNational Radiology Technicians Congress ve MR Physics Course, Bildiriler Kitabi. 15-18 May2014, Kemer-Antalya, TURKEY
2) H.O. Tekin, Ü.Kara, H. Durmuş, I.Akkurt. “ MONTE CARLO SIMULATION AND APPLICATION AREAS FOR DETECTOR DESIGN IN MEDICAL IMAGING AREA.” 8th National Radiology Technicians Congress ve MR Physics Course, Bildiriler Kitabi. 15-18 May 2014, Kemer-Antalya, TURKEY
3) Ü.Kara, H.O. Tekin, H. Durmuş, I.Akkurt “CURRENT PROBLEMS OF MEDICAL IMAGING PROGRAM AND SOLUTION PROPOSALS” 8th National Radiology Technicians Congress ve MR Physics Course, Bildiriler Kitabi. 15-18 May 2014, Kemer-Antalya, TURKEY
4) HÜSEYİN OZAN TEKİN ET.AL.,PREDICTION OF PHOTON FLUX BY USING ARTIFICIAL NEURAL NETWORKS (ARTIFICAL NEURAL NETWORKS). MAY-2011 IATS’2011 ELAZIĞ/TURKEY
5) Hüseyin Ozan Tekin et al., “Bremsstrahlung Photon Production with Tantalum (Ta) Targetfor Different Thicknesses”4 rd InternationalConferance Radiation interaction with Material and its Use in Technologies, 2012, May 14-17, Kaunas-LITHUANiA
6) Hüseyin Ozan Tekin et al.,A Photon Beam Dump Design for Turkish Accelerator Center Project Bremss. Facility atTARLA.4 rd InternationalConferance Radiation interaction with Material and its Use inTechnologies, 2012, May 14-17, Kaunas-LITHUANIA
7) Hüseyin Ozan Tekin et al., “A Study on Radiation in Operating Room in Süleyman Demirel Universiy” 4 rd InternationalConferance Radiation interaction with Material and its Use in Technologies, 2012, May 14-17, Kaunas-LITHUANIA
8) H.O. Tekin, Ü.Kara, A.Mesbahi. AN OVERViEW OF MONTE CARLO (MC) SIMULATION METHOD AND BASiC PRINCIPLES iN MEDiCAL RADIATION AND RADIATION DETECTORS.InternationalScience and Technology Conference (ISTEC2015), September 2-4, 2015 St.Petersburg /RUSSIA
9) H.O. Tekin, I. Akkurt. POSITION OPTIMISATION OF GE DETECTORS IN NUCLEAR RESONANCE FLUORESCENCE (NRF) EXPERIMENT BY USING MONTE CARLO METHOD.InternationalScience and Technology Conference (ISTEC2015), September 2-4, 2015 St.Petersburg /RUSSIA
10) Ü. Kara, H.O. Tekin, I. Akkurt, A. Tongal. MONTE CARLO SIMULATION METHODS IN MEDICAL IMAGING” InternationalScience and Technology Conference (ISTEC2015), September 2-4, 2015 St. Petersburg /RUSSIA
11) Ü. Kara, H.O. Tekin, A. Tongal. EDUCATION IN MEDICAL IMAGING INDUSTRY AND SOLUTION PROPOSALS FOR MAIN PROBLEMS."InternationalScience and Technology Conference (ISTEC2015), September 2-4, 2015, St. Petersburg /RUSSIA
12) Huseyin Ozan Tekin, Umit Kara, Ozlem Ozturk, Tugba Manici, Elif Ebru Altunsoy, Baris Cavli “COMPARISON STUDY OF CLINICAL MEASUREMENTS AND MONTE CARLO METHOD ON RADIATION DOSE RATE CHANGES BY DISTANCE IN COMPUTERIZED TOMOGRAPHY (CT) FACILITY” Fourth InternationalConference on Radiation and Applications in Various Fields of Research May 23-27, 2016. Faculity of Electronic Engineering, Nis-SERBIA. Conference Proceedings Book. Vol.1 (2016) DOI: 10.21175/RadProc.2016.32 ISSN 2466-4626 (Online)
13) Huseyin Ozan Tekin, Umit Kara“ANALYSE OF FILTERING MATERIAL AND EFFECT ON X-RAY FEATURES BY USING MONTE CARLO METHOD FOR MEDICAL IMAGiNG APPLICATIONS” Fourth InternationalConference on Radiation and Applications in Various Fields of Research May 23-27, 2016. Faculity of Electronic Engineering, Nis-SERBIA. Conference Proceedings Book. Vol.1 (2016) DOI 10.21175/RadProc.2016.31 iSSN 2466-4626 (Online)
14) Umit Kara, Huseyin Ozan Tekin “ESTIMATED RADIATION RISKS, CLINICAL FACTORS AND PATIENT DOSE IN MAMMOGRAPHY” Fourth InternationalConference on Radiation and Applications in Various Fields of Research May 23-27, 2016. Faculity of Electronic Engineering, Nis-SERBIA. Conference Proceedings Book. Vol.1 (2016) DOi: 10.21175/RadProc.2016.46 iSSN 2466-4626 (Online)
International and National Media Attends (TV Programs)
1) ÜLKE TV -Hayat Tercihtir (23.06.2013)-Speaker: Assist. Prof. Dr. Hüseyin Ozan TEKIN (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs9b9_8qPtQ)
2) ÜLKE TV -Hayat Tercihtir (11.07.2016)- Speaker: Assist. Prof. Dr. Hüseyin Ozan TEKIN
3) Üskudar TV – Uskudar’a Gelirken (12.07.2016)- Speaker: Assist. Prof. Dr. Hüseyin Ozan TEKIN
1) Lecturer – Süleyman Demirel University (June 2009- January 2013) (TOTAL:4 YEARS)
Lectures – Math, Physicsi-ii, Geometric Optic and Optic, Basic Computer Programming, Material information
2) Researcher – Helmholtz Zentrum Dresden Rossendorf (HZDR) Year:2009
Attended: Various Particle Accelerator Experiments and Monte Carlo Workshops on GEANT4 code.
3) Lecturer – IAUVocational School of Health Services (February 2013 – 2015)( TOTAL:2 YEARS)
Given Lectures: Medical Imaging Methods, Medical Imaging Physics, Radiation Protection, Radiobiology, Nuclear Medicin, Introduction to Radiotherapy
4) Assist. Prof. Dr. – UskudarUniversity (January-2015- Present)(TOTAL:4 YEARS)
Given Lectures:Medical Imaging Methods, Medical Imaging Physics, Radiation Protection, Radiobiology, Nuclear Medicin, Introduction to Radiotherapy
1) SMYO Assistant director –IAUVocational School of Health Services (May 2013-2015)
2) Assist. Prof. Dr. -UskudarUniversity (Jenuary2015-present)
3) SHMYO Assistant Director - UskudarUniversity MYO (March2015-present)
4) Head of Medical Imaging Department – Uskudar University (January 2015- Present)
5) UskudarUniversity Medical RadiationResearch andApplication Center (ÜSMERA) – Establisher&Manager (April2015-present)
6) UskudarUniversityinternship Committee Member (2015-present)
7) UskudarUniversityCourse Code Standardisation Committee (2015-present)
8) Uskudar University 2015-2016 Academic Year Graduation Committee Member
9) Uskudar University 2016-2017 Academic Year Graduation Committee Member
10) Uskudar University 2017-2018 Academic Year Graduation Committee Member
1) Uskudar University Medical Radiation Research and Application Center (ÜSMERA), Monte Carlo Simulation Techniques in Medical and Nuclear Applications (MENUS-MC), Establisher and Educator. UskudarUniversity (2015-present)
*Advanced applications and current approaches to diagnostic radiology Radiation Protection and Quality Assurance in Education TARAD 2015 (19- 20 December 2015)
*Basic Radiotherapy and Radiotherapy Physics Education Workshop (TRRF2016). 23-24 April 2016. UskudarUniversity, CarsiCampus.
2) Scientific Advisor of Virtual Medical Coaching
(2016 – Present)
Supervision for Master Thesis
1) Elif Ebru Altınsoy – 2015 / Present (Second Supervisor)
Main Field: Radiological Protection, Radiation Proetection, Medical Physics
2) Tugba Manici – 2015 / Present (Second Supervisor)
Main Field: Radiological Protection, Radiation Proetection, Medical Physics
3) Diler Ozyurt – 2015 / 2017
Main Field: Investigation of psychological conditions of Radiology Technicians
4) Sema Arıtürk – 2015 / 2017(Supervisor)
Main Field: Investigation of psychological conditions of Raditherapy Technicians
5) Fatih Emre TUTARLI – 2017 / Present
Main Field: Investigation of psychological conditions of Nuclear Medicince Technicians
Refereeing in Scientific Publications
1) “Dependence of the Depth-Dose Distributions and Ranges…”
Bosnian Journal of Basic Medical Sciences (BJBMS)
2) “FPGA implementation of Digital PLL-based Frequency…”
Journal of Communication and Computer (JCC)
3) “Transient Heat Analysis in a ….”
Journal of Communication and Computer (JCC)
4) “A study on the impact of residual setup errors on normal organs doses…”
Iranian Journal of Medical Physics (IJMP)
5) “Biological effects of background radiation....”
Journal of Applied Physical Science International
6) “Semi-empirical determination of gamma-ray…”
Progress in Nuclear Energy - Elsevier
7) “A novel neutron shielding composite…”
Progress in Nuclear Energy – Elsevier
8) “Investigation of the Shielding Capability of Concrete Matrixed”
Journal of Modern Physics
9) ”Assessment of Occupational Exposure from External Radiation…”
Iranian Journal of Medical Physics (IJMP)
10) “Local diagnostic reference levels for some common diagnostic X-ray….”
Iranian Journal of Medical Physics (IJMP)
11) “Shielding properties of the ordinary concrete loaded with micro- and nanoparticles…”
Applied Radiation and Isotopes – Elsevier
12) “Correlation Between Radon Concentrations and Distance From Fault Line And
Arabian Journal of Geosciences – Springer
13) “Photon parameters for gamma-rays sensing properties of some oxide of lanthanides”
Results in Physics – Elsevier
14) “Monte Carlo method for Gamma spectrometry based on GEANT4 toolkit:efficiency calibration of BE6530 detector”
Journal of Environmental Radioactivity– Elsevier
15) “Preparation and characterization of iron ore imbedded silicone rubber
materials for radiation protection”
Nuclear Science and Techniques – Springer
16) “Determination of mass attenuation coefficient and mass energy absorption coefficient for some vitamins…””
Journal of Testing and Evaluation – ASTM International
17) “Introducing a Novel Coefficient on Mixed-nanoparticles…”
Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids - Elsevier
Regional Coordinator Professional Practice-Europe
Pam Black is Radiology Services Manager at Wirral University Teaching Hospital, NHS Foundation Trust in the UK.
Pam is a radiographer whose career spans 39 years working mainly in and around Liverpool. She became a Radiology Manager in 2002 and worked in North Wales before moving closer to home to take up a post at Aintree University Hospital. In November 2014, she moved across the River Mersey to become Radiology Manager at Wirral University Teaching Hospital.
Pam was elected as Society of Radiographers UK Council Member for the North West of England in 2009. She was immensely proud to be elected President for 2013/14 during which time she was very involved with the concept and creation of a new national Clinical Imaging Board.
Pam is currently the Vice Chair of Radiology and Oncology Congress, represents the Society and College of Radiographers as the council member of the UK at the International Society of Radiographers and Radiological Technologists and is the Chair of the Election Committee for the European Federation of Radiography Societies.