The ISRRT was founded in 1962 as a non-profit organization, and now has over 90 Member Societies representing more than 86 countries, over 500,000 Society members and in excess of 18,000 Associate Members.
ISRRT is officially recognized as an NGO (Non-Government Organization) by the World Health Organization (WHO). The ISRRT is UK based registered Charity (Registration number 276218) and a not-for-profit organization.
ISRRT is the only organization representing all disciplines of Medical Radiation Technologists internationally.
Some of our international affiliations include:
- WHO – World Health Organization
- ISR – International Society of Radiologists
- IAEA – International Atomic Energy Agency
- ECR – European Congress of Radiology
- IRQN – The International Radiology Quality Network
- RSNA – Radiological Society of North America
- EFRS -European Federation Radiography Societies
The ISRRT encourages the exchange of information between individuals, to help members keep abreast of advancing technology;
- assists countries to form their own radiation medicine societies;
- co-operates with the World Health Organization and other international bodies and organizations in improving standards of health care;
- assists in the development of training curricula and determines the need for ongoing education;
- is actively engaged in the promotion of improved radiographic services and in the development of protection against radiation and other hazards encountered in radiation medicine;
- recommends quality assurance programmes and standards by producing basic-level quality control guidebooks;
- promotes radiation medicine through conferences, seminars, publications, and specialized advertising;
- awards educational and research scholarships;
- acts in an advisory capacity when requested.
The ISRRT is an England and Wales based registered Charity (Registration number 276218) and a not-for-profit organization.