The latest publication of the United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation
The latest publication of the United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation (UNSCEAR) is the Report: "Effects of ionizing radiation" available at http://www.unscear.org/unscear/en/publications.html
In this website you will find two volumes:
Volume I: main text of the scientific report to the UN General Assembly and 2 scientific annexes as follows:
- Annex A - Epidemiological studies of radiation and cancer; and
- Annex B - Epidemiological evaluation of cardiovascular disease and other non-cancer diseases following radiation exposure.
Volume II: the remaining 3 scientific annexes as follows:
- Annex C - Non-targeted and delayed effects of exposure to ionizing radiation;
- Annex D - Effects of ionizing radiation on the immune system; and
- Annex E - Sources-to-effects assessment for radon in homes and workplaces.
The UNSCEAR Report: "Sources of ionizing radiation" in two volumes (including medical exposures) is anticipated to be published in late 2009.