IAEA RPOP Website Annual Review
Happy New Year 2012.
Please find herewith annual review of 2011.
- The RPOP website received 45.78% more visits in 2011 against 2010 through about 0.22 million visits.
- It continued to appear on First page of Google (or Yahoo…) search and normally on top of first page with most commonly searched terms in medical radiation protection.
- RPOP became social with links to Facebook and Twitter
- Major part of the RPOP website was made available in Spanish language.
- New page on Public Information on Radiation is an essential part of our life added
- Poster on 10 Pearls: Radiation protection of patients in fluoroscopy released
- Poster on 10 Pearls: Radiation protection of Staff in fluoroscopy released
- Russian Translation of poster on 10 Pearls: Radiation protection of Staff and Patients in fluoroscopy were released
- New pages released on Fluoroscopy in Operating Theatres
10. New training material made available for Free download as .ppt slides:
- Radiation Protection in Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology
- Nuclear Medicine
- Prevention of Accidental Exposure in Radiotherapy
11. New page on Networks of the IAEA on Radiation Protection of Children released
13. Release of an international Reporting system for events in interventional procedures (SAFRAD)
- New launch of a Newsletter on Radiation Protection of Children (Asia)
- New launch of a Newsletter of Network of Gastroenterologist in Radiation Protection in Latin American countries
- A number of latest news items were posted
- The Latest Literature pages were regularly updated