Dr Marion Frank, OBE, is awarded the ISRRT Dien Van Dijk Award
Dien van Dijk Award
This award is in honor of the contributions of Dien van Dijk, one of the founders of the ISRRT and who in 1962 became the first President of the ISRRT. The objectives of which she upheld were to assist the education of radiographers and to support the development of medical radiation technology worldwide. This award dedicated to her memory is to honour members of the ISRRT who have shown exceptional service and commitment to the ideals so powerfully demonstrated by Dien Van Dijk.
CRITERIA for nomination:
1. Exceptional service to the radiographic community.
2. Past or present holder of a recognized position in the ISRRT.
3. Recognized activities which reflect the founding principles of the ISRRT
· Assistance in the education of radiographers
· Assistance in the development of the profession of radiography in several countries.
Dr Marion Frank OBE being presented with Award by Dr Adrian Thomas, Consultant Radiologist
She is a Past President of the Society and College of of Radiographers and received an OBE for services to radiography in the
She is a past ISRRT Board member and maintains a keen interest in its activities and in particular she was force behind ensuring that the ISRRT archives have been kept in a safe place.